Forum Mafia - Shawshank Redemption - Salvation lies within

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jessup View Post
    edit* chances you reveal this right after exalt starts train on field are slim
    Oh, and you do know that even if you lynch field and he flips town, that doesn't confirm me, right? I know I don't have to point that out to such a well-seasoned A+ mafia player, though. I mean, I could be scum trying to gain town credibility who just knows field is 95% a townie and not any type of third party since the cult recruiter already died. (LOL Paulie)

So great. Your high speed mafia brain is in overdrive. Lynch the one person who has been outed as a townie right away so that you can then turn around and still wonder if I am who I say I am. I can guarantee we enter N2 with dead townie field and learned nothing from it. Really just outstanding work, Jessup.

I didn't realize you could regress to this level, but you continue to amaze me.

Oh and one other thing Jessup, you keep saying everything I'm doing is scummy. You are clearly just unable to separate personal vendetta from separate mafia games when people pull different roles. If you don't think me saving your ass instead of letting you hang D1 is as townie as it gets, I just don't know what to
    say.
    7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
    Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
    TWLJ Champion Season 11
    TWLB All-Star Season 10
    Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Voth used one of only 2 shot actions he can use last night and chose field of all people to investigate lol and reveals this only after a power role govenor train is started on field..

Kass was blocked as wild card and basically doesn't know what is going on except that I was put in solitary and is unable to now say a cop is in the game while originally saying there is a cop.

Willby reveals gambler and that he lost yet still reveals(does not show up on vote count) Appears to change original claim in how the role works. Said predict lynch on night and now says 50/50 coin flip to strip votes from one and gain another. says 2 shot

Exalt has claimed 1 shot governor with a complete no lynch modification if town refuses to do his votes and chose field or willby.

Vehicle is still fine with a no lynch after this exalt push.

PF is still lurker to max scum

Scarlet voth fighting is toned down. Scarlet not pushing trains anymore and dancing around between what others say.

Beast is brash and defensive when called out by people

M_leo is more active, somewhat goofy and made a few pushes on willby and field

Jessup is confirmed doctor and 100% town

Zeebu has been lurking to the point of possible scum

Halp went after field and believes Jessup now.. least likely scum of lurkers

Musings from your town doctor :gorgeous:
      Thanks for the quick recap—not “lurker to the max scum” I haven’t been online at all unfortunately IRL I have literally 15,000 documents to review and nowhere near enough time, so yes I have been inactive since IRL Sunday night.

tbh I am looking at A LOT of pages to read and very little time to read them—to the extent anyone has the capacity to compile some kind of summary or recap or argument for who I should vote for with links / relevant quotes and @ me in it, I will read and consider that and be thankful. I will do my best to read as much as I can and post some useful content once I have.

Comment

• PartyFalcon
        exalt has claimed governor (can force the town to nolynch during the day [oneshot?]) and is holding the town hostage if they won't lynch either willby or field.

Kassius has claimed wildcard (uses a random power that still exists in the game during a targeted night action) and the unprovoked nature of the claim has lead most people (myself included) to conclude that he's town. He claims that he targeted jessup and the result was "his investigation failed to find any clues because jessup was in solitary".

Voth has claimed to have used his 1shot inspect on field and says that field is town.

In my opinion, Halp and m_leonhard are as scummy as ever, beast is as useless as ever. The only real developments here are beast soft(?)claiming a non-killing investigative role. The cases on halp and m_leonhard are pretty much just continuations on the cases on them from D1/N1.

I'll let someone more sympathetic to the willby and field cases explain those.

Originally posted by Halp View Post
        Why are you playing dumb? Kassius can use the role of any role actively in the game. Exalt is confirming Kassius claim. Either you think this is a collaborative scum claim, or you want to force people to fullclaim who should not fullclaim. I read both scenarios as anti-town.
        What the fuck are you talking about?
        Where is exalt confirming kassius's claim? What the fuck has exalt done that has any bearing on kassius's claim? Exalt and kassius have literally no relation here. Maybe they're both scum together, maybe any combination of one or both or neither of them are scum. Their claims have no bearing on each other.

Kassius claimed four hundred thousand different contradictory things, like that jessup could have self protected (nb: not 'self-jailed' or 'self isolated' or 'self abducted'), then that actually he couldn't target jessup with some kind of investigate, that there's a cop when actually all he knows is that he couldn't "find any clues". It's not like kassius knows what his role does either (it's random) so it's not like I'm asking him to fullclaim when it's critical to our success that scum don't know what he can do. Actually, scum have a way better idea what he can do than I do, because scum have the list of powers that the entire scumteam (maybe the only nontown element left in the game after a N1 cult leader death) and I have only the list of mine and any player's claims in the thread that I'm willing to trust (and scum are in a much better position to know who is likely to make real and fake claims on D2 than I am).
        Here's a thought for free: maybe Kassius copied a tracker, jessup was roleblock (not jailed, and was vulnerable to kills), and he failed to find clues because she was unable to act. I don't think that's the typical interpretation of a tracker's results on a blocked target, but I also don't think the roles that have been claimed so far in this game are typical.

tl;dr: kassius has fully claimed his role and actions, and it has fucking nothing to do with the conclusions he came to and fed to us during his soft claim, which dominate >50% of the day that's now <18hrs from close.
        This has literally nothing to do with exalt.

Jessup if voth is claiming that he has an innocent result on field, then you're telling me that one of the following is true:
        either you think that field is the godfather
        or you think that voth is lying scum
        or you think that you're voting for an innocent

Note that the only outcome of a field lynch that has a reflection on voth's alignment is getting a "field is non-godfather scum" flip, which makes voth also scum.
        Why's field a better lynch than voth? (probably neither of them is a good lynch)

Comment

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post
          I mean, you could ask Kthx if you want, but that seems a bit like asking for TMI, so I doubt he'd confirm or deny it. You can choose to vote whoever you want, but if I don't like the results at EoD, I'm ending things with a NL. If you don't believe me, that's on you. Play it however you see fit.
          My problem is I do believe you. You're acting in a way that's not completely in line with your claim, and the claim explains how you've been acting up to now. Either it was super premeditated and you're a genius, or it's a real claim. That it's a real claim also implies that there's a good chance that you're town.

However, that doesn't make you any less fucking retarded. "A field or a willby lynch, or I force a nolynch". Yeah, because a nolynch is better than a beast lynch.

Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
          Vote Beast[/B]

What ever happened to this train?
          Beast is a default lynch in all respects. He's not voting at the moment, nobody thinks his roleclaim has any weight behind it, etc.
          However, there's no particular reason to think that he's scum either. After having (soft)claimed a useful role, he's now expected to fullclaim at some point in the future. I don't see any reason in particular to force that out now as opposed to e.g. D3
          I don't disagree that we should lynch beast, but I don't see any reason to do it now when e.g. I wouldn't cc him if he claimed cop.

Comment

• I've consistently voted for voth and field so ya I think they both are scum at this point.

Also I was not the one role blocking kass because I took no doctor action N1. I assume kass was roleblocked by mafia or town or jailed by town or mafia. I personally think T_P was killed by mafia as cult leader. If I had T_P's role I doubt I'd risk an action night 1 action because doing a wild guess and being wrong would be too risky plus usually roles like that wait a night before starting their rampage.

Someone in town knows if they blocked or jailed me. I hope you can subtly find a way to let us know and gain towns trust and help us/me start piecing things together. It is crucial we start testing things out for real info.

To me Field and Voth still are best candidates to lynch as we learn something by either of their deaths. Willby is a close 3rd to hang as his role is trash and he has been really weird this game. Kass I trust.. for now though the claim honestly caused more confusion that it did good so far. It is really odd kass revealed when blocked and getting no result but still at the same time says I am confirmed town. Not sure how kass knows I am confirmed if no results happened and I was locked up. I am of course town doctor though and like kass is defending me.
            TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
            TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
            TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
            TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
            TSLD CHAMPION 2018
            TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• So it's a bad play to deliberately ambiguously post early in the game to see who reacts and how, Scarlet?

Comment

I've consistently voted for voth and field so ya I think they both are scum at this point.

Also I was not the one role blocking kass because I took no doctor action N1. I assume kass was roleblocked by mafia or town or jailed by town or mafia. I personally think T_P was killed by mafia as cult leader. If I had T_P's role I doubt I'd risk an action night 1 action because doing a wild guess and being wrong would be too risky plus usually roles like that wait a night before starting their rampage.

Someone in town knows if they blocked or jailed me. I hope you can subtly find a way to let us know and gain towns trust and help us/me start piecing things together. It is crucial we start testing things out for real info.

To me Field and Voth still are best candidates to lynch as we learn something by either of their deaths. Willby is a close 3rd to hang as his role is trash and he has been really weird this game. Kass I trust.. for now though the claim honestly caused more confusion that it did good so far. It is really odd kass revealed when blocked and getting no result but still at the same time says I am confirmed town. Not sure how kass knows I am confirmed if no results happened and I was locked up. I am of course town doctor though and like kass is defending me.
                Jesus Christ, Jessup. Wind it back in, where did I say I got 'no result'. I'm about this close to voting you with this revisionist crusade against me.

Despite my scum reads on both of them, Scarlet and Field are the only ones that are actually posting what my result was, and they've put it together practically word for word, which I can't copy or write out because I'd be fucking modkilled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kassius View Post

Jesus Christ, Jessup. Wind it back in, where did I say I got 'no result'. I'm about this close to voting you with this revisionist crusade against me.

Despite my scum reads on both of them, Scarlet and Field are the only ones that are actually posting what my result was, and they've put it together practically word for word, which I can't copy or write out because I'd be fucking modkilled.

I'm the
                  Town Wildcard
                  . I targeted Jessup last night, in the hope of a protective or investigative role. I got a cop role, I investigated Jessup last night. I received 'no clues' because she was locked up in solitary. From this, I know:

a) She was jailed
                  b) There is a cop for me to have copied the role off

Oh, and I was secretly hoping to get the cult recruit power N1 because that would have been awesome lol.
                  Can you explain how what I said was wrong? How do you know I am confirmed when you got "no clues"

Did you not say you are unsure if you were a cop too since you received a no clue result?
                  TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                  TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• What are you confirmed as? I have no idea, because I never said anything about that.

Comment

What are you confirmed as? I have no idea, because I never said anything about that.
                      Ok noted this is a truism and I was wrong to say you confirmed me. For the record kass I am not coming after you right now. I trust your claim currently but just wanted to examine it in detail as it is very important.
                      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

So it's a bad play to deliberately ambiguously post early in the game to see who reacts and how, Scarlet?
                        D2 is not early in the game, asshole.
                        The point of running on the open of D1 is that we have literally no leads, so there's nothing to muddy.

You know what we had at the start of D2? Not no leads.
                        I'm actually currently voting the same person (m_leo) I was trying to lynch D1, and my secondary case is on someone I brought up as scummy N1.
                        Supposedly the/exalt's case on willby is based in part on scummy D1 play which exalt refuses to source.
                        Field is in no small part being fingered now because he wasn't around on D1.

Literally every wagon that's moving right now was around before you gave the most butchered and factually vacuous partial claim known to man.
                        If you don't understand the difference between the start of D1 and D2, why don't you ask one of the many players who argued that it was literally unbelievable that town would find and lynch scum D1 with any degree of reliability.

-

Anyway

The only person who knows what Kassius's investigate ability was N2 is the person whose ability it was.
                        For what should be obvious reasons, if that person hasn't claimed yet it's very likely not in town's interest that they do so today

As an alternative: kassius is only pretending to be retarded, field's (? I think field suggested this) theory was right, and kassius is scum who fakedclaimed "oh I investigated someone but got no results because of some previously unmentioned factor, also I won't be able to investigate someone ever again in the game because my role is based on RNG, haha sorry"
                        The big problem with this theory is that it more or less requires kassius to have an IQ > 90, which based on his contributions so far I find really hard to buy.

Comment

• If someone can give a reason for 2 better names than WillBy/Field, even if it's just to replace one of them with someone else, I'm okay with that. What I'm not going to deal with is a bunch of people on random solo wagons again. Make 2 counter wagons and stick with it, but give reasons for them.
                          RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Also, what the fuck is wrong with this website? It's slow as fuck. Whenever I try to post, it says 'waiting' for like a full minute before it sends anything.
                            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post
                              Also, what the fuck is wrong with this website? It's slow as fuck. Whenever I try to post, it says 'waiting' for like a full minute before it sends anything.
                              This site uses some fucking arcane bullshit which runs on the client machine (it's javascript) instead of using any of the types of forms that have been around for decades.
                              I don't understand how such an old site can be so shitty, I swear vbulletin was better than this.
                              If we start complaining about web 2.0 conventions in earnest we'll beat the post count of the previous thread between now and the end of the day though I'm sure.
                              Also I think you're wrong, the delay is in serving new content to the clients. You can post, have someone reply, and see the notification for the new post before your original post actually shows up for you. I haven't tested it, but I suspect if you open the forum with another browser you'll be able to see your post relatively quickly. I don't know why this is such a common problem on forum/chan/blog frontends these days.

Comment

• Voth - claims to have investigated Field and got innocent
                                Field - ???
                                Vehicle - ???
                                WillBy - claims voteless???
                                Zeebu - ???
                                PartyFalcon - ???
                                Kassius - claims Town WIldcard
                                ​​​​​​​Jessup - claims Town Doctor
                                ​​​​​​​Halp - ???
                                ​​​​​​​Beast - ???
                                m_leonahrd - ???
                                ​​​​​​​Scarlet - ???

VOTE: Zeebu
                                RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Working...
                                X