Distension before TWL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dako View Post
    Hate the fake, stop licking wark's ballsack. You have no independant thoughts of your own, and the only thing you have against distension is it recycled you out of a couple dds. Its not like devest is going to be around for more than 3 weeks.

Its humorous the only people that have any problems whatsoever are the ones in TWL, and just want to draw a crowd of 100 people in ?go twld to watch them play.
    Im speaking from the point of a twd player. And devest is already on its 3rd week nub. We have played probably 70 twd matches atm in 3 weeks more then i think you have in 3 months.

Dako try reading a post dont ignore an entire thread because a big word stumbles in the way. The reason for stopping distension on sundays is to prevent lag and server recycles. Thats a fact and wow i actually agree 100 percent with liquid blue.

ps. ironic that dako a professed gay talking about other people licking ballsacks.
    Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
    2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
    2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

why is that humorous

people have waited a long time for TWL, and Distension is unstable

it's funny because they want to be able to play a tournament they've been waiting a year for without any major server issues?

shit yea homie that is stuff hilarious!

crazy kids
      My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Dako

-------------

Of course you have experience and knowledge of this game to make a better decision on how this game should be ran, obviously.
        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

ironic... distension was meant to bring more people to TW, but it seems to only make more people mad.

Anyways.

You all seem to forget that once TWL is over, Distension will still be here. As much as I hate to admit it, distension is becoming an integral part of TW.
          Stop your bitching and get over it. So what for a few weeks you won't be able to play on sundays. Guess what, go outside, enjoy the good weather, smoke a joint, screw a girl do something with your life, but stop bitching about it.

Besides, as you guys have all so eloquently pointed out, distension will be running 24/7 later on.

Grow the fuck up.

Comment

Originally posted by Savaged View Post
            ironic... distension was meant to bring more people to TW, but it seems to only make more people mad.

Anyways.

You all seem to forget that once TWL is over, Distension will still be here. As much as I hate to admit it, distension is becoming an integral part of TW.
            Stop your bitching and get over it. So what for a few weeks you won't be able to play on sundays. Guess what, go outside, enjoy the good weather, smoke a joint, screw a girl do something with your life, but stop bitching about it.

Besides, as you guys have all so eloquently pointed out, distension will be running 24/7 later on.

Grow the fuck up.
            Distension should never be going 24/7, it's stupid and as I've pointed out before. You can only go so far with distension, it's an RPG based game. Eventually, if it's made 24/7, it's just going to get overplayed and people will get bored. If you really want distension to be fun, and last a long time, do exactly what zeebu said. Have an actual distension league, site, rankings, points, competitions, squads - and do it in the off-season to keep the population running when TWL isn't around. Honestly, make it 24/7, Ill be the first to say I told you so when it starts dying because people have wasted so much time gaining RP that there is nothing left to gain after the first few months-year of it being up. Why do you think TWL is so popular, and it draws so many people? It's not here 24/7. ffs it's like giving a kid a chocolate bar whenever he wants it, over and over, until the kid eats so many that he can't stomach the shit for 20 years.
            7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
            7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
            7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
            7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
            1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
              Dako

-------------

Of course you have experience and knowledge of this game to make a better decision on how this game should be ran, obviously.
              Total Usage: 8511 hours 20 minutes
              First played: 12-11-2001 12:3:21

On my main, mkay?

To savaged - the whole 24/7 thing is still up for debate. I've heard many people (staff, etc.) say the final step in distension is 24/7. However, I've also heard qan / other staff say distension will never be 24/7. So who knows.
              Cheese!> 13 in base is enough for a 7v7

Comment

if you feel the need to even respond to his claims about how long you've been playing, a screen cap would be better if you didn't want to hear about your usage.

any idiot can make up hours and say they started in 2001
                My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by dako View Post
                  Total Usage: 8511 hours 20 minutes
                  First played: 12-11-2001 12:3:21

On my main, mkay?

To savaged - the whole 24/7 thing is still up for debate. I've heard many people (staff, etc.) say the final step in distension is 24/7. However, I've also heard qan / other staff say distension will never be 24/7. So who knows.
                  let me put it this way for you mr so-called "vet" whom has played since 2001 yet no one has ever seen before...

if you've played this game that long then you realize that TWL is the reason 90% of the regulars on the zone play... the other 10% being pubbers/elimers/twdders/etc (the rest of the pubbers, etc are on sporadically at best)

the players that actually work to improve this zone day in and day out are majority TWL players, because thats the highlight of this zone, thats what was the big thing to achieve when i started (which was coincidentally before you did, even if your ?usage is true). TWL has always best the best of the best in TW, and the players that are on the side for distension on sundays are those players that are not/will not/cannot get into TWL, or they wouldn't even argue with it

also might I add TWL has been here FAR longer than distension, and most likely will last FAR longer than distension, so excuse me if we tell you to go fuck yourself when you try to get in the way of TWL running smoothly
                  RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                  RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                    Dako

-------------

no, thats just the month he stole the name DaKo
                    also i love the '12:3:21'

People are spending hours and hours gaining these RP points, and for what? There's no title at the end of it, no website with rankings. Really, no one except for the people outside destension know or care about the acheivments within it

there is a site, and it does have rankings, and lots of information, but unfortunately, its taken staff 3 weeks to upload it so far...

....still waiting.........
                    The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                    SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Quite obviously Distension should not be hosted before TWL matches ... it shouldn’t have been considered.

also all this talk of "slashing the hosting time" and sacrificing 50% of there fun … as if distension is doing TW a favour ?? wtf this is still TW not DISTENSION zone … if all these players now only play distension it’s further evidence of what a stupid move it was in creating it and further splitting our dwindling population.

Pluck your heads out of your arses and realise that it shouldn't be run whilst causing all these server recycles and the biller server is lagging (i've no idea if the bot spamming pms is causing problems or not but it doesn't matter)

at present you are hosting it at peak times every other day which is still loads and imo far too much so it’s no big deal to go no distension on Sundays that is TWL

The fact of the matter is that TWL is the focus point and is given priority, do what you did last season and get more hosts to host RADIO and have them do player song requests and also commentate and trash talk about the matches ... That is a much better use of staff power than hosting another few grinding hours of distension before the TWL games
                      In my world,
                      I am King

sigpic

Comment

I'm glad to have finally found out why I suddenly got extremely bad lag about half an hour before our TWL matches began, while I didn't have any lag earlier on this day and none of my housemates were online.. And that for some retarded side-game that takes zero skill to be succesful in. Thanks, I appreciate it.

Also is it me or do these Distension-players all seem to be incredible cunts? And I notice I've never heard of any of them. And that while one of them claims to have played since 2001 with an 8500 hours usage. I guess you must be really bitter that in 7 years still nobody in this game knows who you are, and that you've never even came close to playing a TWL game. I guess making TW into some RPG-type of game would be your only chance of ever being 'succesful' in this game.. Fucking sad. If Distension is full of players like Dako and Roxxkat, then I'd be glad to see Distension fuck off to it's own zone or even better just die out.

ps. who came up with 'distensionites', you got to be fucking joking. lol
                        pps. oh well, i better not have lag because of this retarded event next weekend or twl is pretty much over for me..

Comment

Originally posted by Dabram View Post
                          I'm glad to have finally found out why I suddenly got extremely bad lag about half an hour before our TWL matches began, while I didn't have any lag earlier on this day and none of my housemates were online.. And that for some retarded side-game that takes zero skill to be succesful in. Thanks, I appreciate it.

Also is it me or do these Distension-players all seem to be incredible cunts? And I notice I've never heard of any of them. And that while one of them claims to have played since 2001 with an 8500 hours usage. I guess you must be really bitter that in 7 years still nobody in this game knows who you are, and that you've never even came close to playing a TWL game. I guess making TW into some RPG-type of game would be your only chance of ever being 'succesful' in this game.. Fucking sad. If Distension is full of players like Dako and Roxxkat, then I'd be glad to see Distension fuck off to it's own zone or even better just die out.

ps. who came up with 'distensionites', you got to be fucking joking. lol
                          pps. oh well, i better not have lag because of this retarded event next weekend or twl is pretty much over for me..
                          alright bram. a little unfair there.

distension isnt exactly devoid of skill. it just doesnt need as much of it as the rest of the zone. devote the hours and you are automatically a step above the rest. and actually, it IS fun to play. i like playing distension as well. but i still think it either needs to have a structured league format or get its own zone.

the big thing we do not want to do is divide TW into different groups of people anymore than we have already. the way to do this: let there be one thing to play at a time. honestly, do that. make it so at each stage along the year there is pretty much one thing to do. we dont have the population to support multiple different little things. the key is to space out the things well enough that it ropes people along.

i have no problem with people who say they want 24/7 distension. thats fine. put it in another zone and it is fine. do not let TW host 24/7 distension though.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

When people like Zeebu or Vehicle (and sometimes even Dank) make coherent, reasonable posts I don't mind talking about Distension

but when people like roxxkat jump around every Distension thread and just quote whoever isn't cheering his precious event on it makes the lot of them seem like cock nuggets

it's not fair but he spams more stupid shit than they can make coherent posts

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
                              yeah. i pretty much agree with this.

also, kthx, go read my post in one of the other dist hater threads

edit: just wanted to say that the response to this will be something along the lines of : "shut up you dont know that. distension is totally new and it wont be like everything else in the rest of the zone. i jhave been playing at least 2 years and i know that it wont do what tourny did."

you know. something to that effect.
                              no, I'd say that you don't have 80 ppl clamoring for ?go tourny to be hosted at any given time. I'd also say that since you've played distension enough, you should agree with your own statement in quotes. And, if you really think you're insuluting me by saying I've played for 2(actually 3) years, you're mistaken. I'm sorry I wasn't here for your "glory" days, and maybe that's why I think I have a more pragmatic approach to solving new issues, because I'm not deluded into thinking it's the same situation every time that it's been for 10 years.

Originally posted by HateTheFake
                              Im speaking from the point of a twd player. We have played probably 70 twd matches atm in 3 weeks

The reason for stopping distension on sundays is to prevent lag and server recycles. Thats a fact and wow i actually agree 100 percent with liquid blue.
                              so you've played 70 matches in 3 weeks, and you're raising hell over 3 of them. Not to mention how many other matches you played before those 3 weeks and when distension when full public release. Or the matches you played when it was in beta for a year.

And that's a you agree 100 percent with DankNuggets on. While I think there's probably a < 2% chance of it causing a recycle, I'm not going to argue about the lag, I haven't noticed it, but I can't prove it's not there. That being said, you'd be hard pressed to find a post I've made in the past few days where I've disagreed with you on hosting it on sundays. It's like I'm shouting at deaf people.

Originally posted by Liquid Blue
                              Originally posted by danknuggets
                              I never said I'm doing the TWL population a favor, where the heck did you come up with this? At the same time I see no reason for them to serve us an injustice.
                              |
                              |
                              V

Originally posted by danknuggets
                              And what HMS said-- the schedule's been slashed already, we concede some playing time (which is a small fraction of what we want) to appease you guys, quit asking for more. I guess it's true, you give a mouse a cookie..
                              Originally posted by stargazer
                              And remember... The distensionites have given up over 50% of their fun for the zone. The least the zone can do for them is let them play when it IS the time.

Both those quotes make it sound like Distension players are doing the TWL population a favor by not having Distension hosted on Sundays, when it shouldn't even be considered to be hosted on the same day of a TWL match.

You're being served an injustice? If you feel it's unfair, that's a shame but it really doesn't matter. Distension does not have all the bugs worked out, it has been prone to cause server recycles and lag issues, therefore it should not be hosted before a TWL match. Period. It doesn't matter if that offends or annoys you, it's the simple facts. It doesn't matter how many people love Distension, or anything else, the fact is that TWL is a big deal for Trench Wars and it shouldn't have to deal with extra lag or a server recycle, just because a few Distension players wanted to get 2 more hours in before a TWL match.
                              I'm sorry if it sounds like we're doing you a favor by not having it on sunday, my intention was to make it sound like we're doing you a favor by dropping the # of hosted hours per week in half. And also hosting it at off peak times. Considering the powers that be could effectively run it as often as they're online, they are doing you a favor by limiting the time it's run. It's not "doing you a favor by only making you lag bad for a couple of hours". That's an unfounded statement, the bot hasn't caused lag but one a minority of occassions. It's possible that it would, but it's nonsense to say it will.

I am being served an injustice-- a game I enjoyed freely in my spare time now only runs when I'm at work or asleep. If you think that's a shame and that it doesn't matter, then I think we've ceased to have a civil discussion. Remember, we're not asking that distension interfere with TWL. By default, if it runs at all it will be in contention with TWD, since that runs 24/7.

Originally posted by DankNuggets
                              Really? you think the half-dozen server recycles have cancelled anywhere near the # of games that reducing the Distension schedule has? It hasn't.
                              Doesn't matter, see above. I personally like Zeebu's idea (great way to keep up population of TW in the offseason of TWL) but regardless of how many games from the Distension schedule have been reduced, it should not be hosted before a TWL match. Work out another schedule if you have to, don't try to cram Distension and TWL on the same day, especially if Distension is known to be buggy.
                              Glad you agree with me on the sunday scheduling, sometime in the future you might stop bringing it up like you don't. And it's known to be buggy at times, but it's also the most frequently updated and repaired bot they have. Also, it doesn't have an extensive history of crashing the zone, but it has done it in the past. Two spurts of updates throughout it's time have caused the zone to crash, and both were caught and stopped within a few days of it happening.

Not to mention that the server recycles occasionally other times. Or that you can restart dds. i'm not saying that's ideal, but at least i'm not asking to limit your time.
                              You shouldn't even think of asking to limit the time of TWL, that's the whole point. Like kthx pointed out, it's been a highlight of TW for over 4 and a half years, the schedule for TWL shouldn't be moved around for a newcomer event like Distension, especially considering it only happens once a year.
                              And I'm not, you're just repeating what I said in the end of my quote. Don't act like I ever was; I said that to point out the hypocrisy/double standard involved in most of the complaints. And now I've suggested moving TWL for distension? Please keep this reasonable and don't say things like that.

Originally posted by Danknuggets
                              What you don't seem to understand is that the distension players are doing everything they can to accomodate the TWL players, while the TWL players won't concede an inch, and have the ultimate goal of ruining our game.
                              You're fucking right, and they shouldn't concede in this case. It happens once a year, has been a tradition for years, is highly anticipated by numerous squads, and Distension is already being talked about going 24/7. Distension players can hop on these forums and discuss how to fix pub on Sundays, instead of trying to throw a big event for TW out of whack.
                              What am I asking them to concede? I'm just pointing out that this has been a completely one-sided compromise on our part, and that I don't plan to sit idly by until you run it into the ground. I hope to god the people making the decisions behind wheter or not it becomes 24/7 have enough sense to see through the shortsightedness of some people here, but there's a chance that won't happen (look at current schedule) and I'm going to do all I can to make sure it does go 24/7 in some form.

And I know you're not accusing me of only trying to advocate for distension, I've graced this board with my suggestions on virtually every aspect of the game, much to the community's annoyance. I wish my efforts garnered more attention in those threads as well, because I'm willing to help any arena I can.

It's not about the Sunday time slot, it's about the HORRIBLE schedule, and REDUCING the overall playing time. Quit complaining about shit that affects you way less than it's affecting me. That's the sentiment with the distension players.
                              You guys need to coordinate a better schedule and try to work it out so it's accessible for everyone and not interfering with TWL. It's going to take alot of adjusting to get the schedule (and the code) working correctly, so you can either be patient and try to work it all out or try to upset one of the biggest events in the zone just because things aren't going smoothly in the beginning.
                              I agree we need a better schedule. Too bad they don't head any of our advice when they make them. As far as I see it, the schedule's only necessary during TWL, as it should go 24/7 when TWL is over. A good numbe of adjustments to the code are minor additions, not just fixes to bugs that cause lag or crashes, though those are certainly implemented when needed. We've been waiting for quite some time, but I'm willing to continue. You have to realize the longer we wait and be patient, the less serious we will be taken, and eventually we will be ignored. We will not be ignored in this matter.

You guys complain about waiting 20 mins to find a dd (when it's like that anyway) but try getting up at 5 AM to play your favorite arena...
                              Boo fucking hoo, try waiting a year for TWL and having the server recycle or major lag upset some of the games because some guys want to collect rpg points for their spaceship for 2 hours.
                              Oh wait, the server hasn't recycled during TWL yet. And it won't because the two won't be running concurrently. And I don't think having to wait a year for TWL is doing anything to help this zone's population, especially the type of players who will play daily. Give me 2 hrs when I want it, and I wouldn't ask for more.
                              .fffffffff_____
                              .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
                              .ffffff|ff __fffff|
                              .fffffff\______/
                              .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
                              .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
                              .fffff\________/
                              .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
                              .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                              .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                              .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
                              .fff\__________/

Comment

Dear Santa,

For Christmas, please get distension out of SSCU Trenchwars if it happens to go 24/7. I have been a really good boy this year.

EDIT:

also dank, dont you think that people who have played this zone for 10 years should have a bit more of a say than people who have played it 2 or 3? by saying that you dont want to affect TWL you just want distension 24/7 that is what you are doing. you are telling me that my opinion doesnt matter.

i have been through alot with this zone for a long time. my opinion should matter more than someone who hasnt. if you dont think so, then you can go fuck yourself.
                                Last edited by Zeebu; 12-09-2008, 12:20 PM.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Working...
                                X