This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rab View Post
    and essentially gifting good players to another teams ruins it for the other 100 or so people involved in the tournament
    I think that is a little bit of a stretch rab, I don't see it ruining twdt for everyone heheh I guess it is over tho as ease stepped in and declined it but I don't get why people think they can control what two captains agree on when it comes to trades. I've seen questionable trades before many times. As I say I'm looking at this from outside. I assume Flew has his reasons to improve his team in trying to do this trade as did Racka
    TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
    TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

With Ease

The rules has alot of questionmarks in it. I looked it up because I wanted to know when exactly I should show up?

Could you clarify, please and thank you.

Edit. It has been changed since I watched it last time. Thanks for this.
      Last edited by Jones; 07-18-2019, 02:54 PM.
      TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Also shedule say FA Draft is 3rd week, and trade deadline is stil TBD.

Comment

I have a feeling Ease is OP only because Ogron begged him, because that the only way he can run the league (threw Ease), however always do the necesary things so I'm not complaining, and I see no problem with that just share a feeling.

Comment

I actually think a smart trade can be made here, if Ra and the FA pick are taken off the table.

Flew needs baser depth (and has excess 9* wbs), whereas Racka needs wb talent (and has excess 8* basers.)

Beam for Jurassic & Joe_, or even Beam for Rozay & Joe_. Both of these look acceptable to me. Joe is needed to cover Beam's 7* baser value. And Rozay & Jurassic are close enough in spider value to Beam's warbird value (especially as both teams cannot exploit their original values within the confines of the star limits.)
            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Originally posted by MHz View Post
              I actually think a smart trade can be made here, if Ra and the FA pick are taken off the table.

Flew needs baser depth (and has excess 9* wbs), whereas Racka needs wb talent (and has excess 8* basers.)

Beam for Jurassic & Joe_, or even Beam for Rozay & Joe_. Both of these look acceptable to me. Joe is needed to cover Beam's 7* baser value. And Rozay & Jurassic are close enough in spider value to Beam's warbird value (especially as both teams cannot exploit their original values within the confines of the star limits.)
              Lol plz... Beam is only useful in wb. Rest he isnt worth playing in. Just like Joe and rozay are only worth playing in base.

Comment

Originally posted by Majorcrisis2 View Post

Lol plz... Beam is only useful in wb. Rest he isnt worth playing in. Just like Joe and rozay are only worth playing in base.
                I was just looking forward to sharking with RR, can we package him in the deal too?
                Trench Wars' favorite cheater

Comment

Originally posted by Majorcrisis2 View Post

That's simply not true.

He sharked for Power in 2017 on a team that pushed the eventual champions to the brink in a 15-14 game in the Semi-Finals. That team with beam in shark would have easily beaten Terrorist in the finals. You can see the match here:

The following season he was a starting under in spider on Legio XI in 2018.

He is very good value for a 7-Star in shark or spider, and is easily capable of winning on a championship team at that price.
                  top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by MHz View Post

I agree with this completely

Others mentioned Beams sharking capability so i figured id chime in on that, he is a capable shark and unlike some other players he actually WANTS to shark as well. If i remember correctly he really really wanted to shark last season but didn't get many opportunities. So when it comes to star value, pairing beam up with a higher star value shark is completely feasible to secure higher star value spiders/terr.
                    Big Chill

Comment

As stated earlier, Flew's trade of beam and Ra for rozay, joeses, and the fourth pick in the fa draft is DENIED.

Per the rules, "[u]nlike trading during the initial draft, trading FA picks will be possible, but the value of the potential pick will be determined by the quality of player(s) who are expected to be available at the specific drafting position." Thus, at the time of the decision, I examined the possible picks and who Flew could potentially select.

Any trade that could arguably benefit both trades should be allowed as long as it is not super unfair. However, I find that there is little evidence that the trade benefits Flew. Flew selected Ra with his third round draft pick, and beam with his fourth round draft pick. Racka selected Joeses with his eighth round draft pick, and traded for rozay (who was picked in the 11th round). Flew's early selection of Ra and beam is telling. While relying on draft pick order should not be the sole method of determining trade fairness, Flew's selection of Ra and beam early, while letting Joeses and rozay fall to rounds 8 and 11, respectively, provides significant insight into his perceived value of players in the draft. Assuming that Flew wasn't aware that beam couldn't show week 1, which turban knew and apparently did not relay to Flew, any attempt to trade away beam at the moment appears to be an overreaction to Mist's 0-6 start, and Flew dumping his third and fourth round picks one week into a seven week season makes little to no sense from a competitive standpoint. Flew would be parting with Ra (3-league value) and beam (2-league value), and gaining rozay (1 league value), Joeses (1 league value), and the fourth FA pick (likely a skilled player like Jones, good for adding value in 1-2 leagues).

Further, part of the reasoning behind the trade (according to my discussion with turban) was that Mist was in "win now" mode, and beam's potential to not show was too risky in Week 2. Yet, basing the trade around a FA pick that won't pay dividends until Week 3 doesn't line up with this strategy. I should also note I have spoken with beam and he has confirmed that he's not refusing to play for Flew, and that the only week he was guaranteed not to show to was Week 1.

I apologize to both teams for the delayed response, but the rules (however lacking and mashed together) do allow for 48 hours to rule on any trade proposals. I would suggest in the future putting together a trade that makes sense before you attempt to argue you were prejudiced in any delay.
                      Phiz> I probably am gay
                      Phiz> I just haven't realized it yet

Comment

Mist offers Beam, Ra and Kim for Pirates? Tripin, Violence, Pineapple Express and Singer?s 8th overall FA pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Flew View Post
                          Mist offers Beam, Ra and Kim for Pirates? Tripin, Violence, Pineapple Express and Singer?s 8th overall FA pick.
                          Yes, my brain hurts from all the trade talks, let's do this, I accept

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
                            I would like to offer jeffpotatoes and whitelivesmatter and our FA pick for 2 superstars. Ty ahead of this.
                            ????

Comment

definitely even worse than the last trade LOL. basically tripin for 3 players better than him cuz vio/pineapple/8th pick are not worth drafting at all

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post

I think that is a little bit of a stretch rab, I don't see it ruining twdt for everyone heheh I guess it is over tho as ease stepped in and declined it but I don't get why people think they can control what two captains agree on when it comes to trades. I've seen questionable trades before many times. As I say I'm looking at this from outside. I assume Flew has his reasons to improve his team in trying to do this trade as did Racka
                                this is actually the main point where Ease denies the trade, and i feel it is the right thing to do. Don't forget the ENTIRE motive of this trade was because beamir is a lil bitch who cant tie his shoelaces when not surrounded by his Thunder or whatever buddies. Granting this trade only supports his behavior to continue like this. Good call on the DT Op on this one.

Comment

Working...
                                X