TW Mafia 2020: TIGER KING - Murder, Mayhem, Madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by the_paul View Post

What rubs me the wrong way is Willby's second post you quote in that link. Vetting people is obviously a good thing before someone gets lynched, but trying to move pressure around just to force multiple claims isn't really beneficial to town. Mafia benefits from knowing who has what role to plan out targets and potential protections from doctors. Town wants power roles to stay quiet until they have something concrete. It's not really something damning, but it definitely rubs me the wrong way, especially at that early stage of the game.
    I didnt want kthx lynched because jessup fakeclaimed guilty results. Voth will only bring up my last two posts of the phase because he know if he goes back any further you find me leading in calling out jessups fakeclaim.

Then scarlet said why are you wasting vote on the_paul, so I obliged him by making it a tie at the top. I voted for the guy I thought was being a hypocrite, and stand by it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kassius View Post
      I'm not that experienced, but nightkilling in N1 with a strongman on a big, obvious target is really not a smart move at all to me.

I just can't believe that WillBy killing Exalt as a strongman on N1 is more plausible than Voth just pulling a role out of his ass that fits the narrative and frames WillBy. It was just a bad choice of role because it creates utter incredulity.

What I think happened :

More than one kill was attempted last night, this game and flavour is too big for just 2 factions.

Voth is scum/third party killer and visited Exalt and killed him.
      WillBy might not be that innocent in himself. Might be a recruiter or something else.
      Other scum/third party killer had their kill blocked. Could it be Kthx? He's the only one we know that got blocked.

So T_P, yes Voth and Willby are candidates. I still think Kthx is too, just going on the numbers I can't believe we've only got 2 factions with killing abilities.

the_paul
      Town and especially you because you have a brain, if you guys falter today and lynch me, please lynch Willby tomorrow and make sure Kassius is next. This post is so unbelievably scummy and it is a giant echo chamber. Saying a lot of what other people have said without anything original. Clearly deflecting off of his scum buddy Willby without being too obvious or committal about it. All I ask is that you don't forget this post if I die - it is telling beyond words and I don't want it buried.
      7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
      Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
      TWLJ Champion Season 11
      TWLB All-Star Season 10
      Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

• Originally posted by WillBy View Post

I didnt want kthx lynched because jessup fakeclaimed guilty results. Voth will only bring up my last two posts of the phase because he know if he goes back any further you find me leading in calling out jessups fakeclaim.

Then scarlet said why are you wasting vote on the_paul, so I obliged him by making it a tie at the top. I voted for the guy I thought was being a hypocrite, and stand by it.
        You voted for me? You're definitely scum.

On a serious note, I know I'm in the minority here, but I definitely struggled to find time for day 1 over the holiday weekend. It's tough to jump into the game cold and try to keep up with everything going on, especially trying to get the feel of how it was in real time. I was 100% worthless on day 1 and just treaded water to get through it. I don't blame the others for analyzing what you did or didn't do on day 1, but I can only go so far with it knowing you were out of town and distracted. That would make me a hypocrite to go hard on that front.
        JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
        the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

• Originally posted by the_paul View Post

You voted for me? You're definitely scum.

On a serious note, I know I'm in the minority here, but I definitely struggled to find time for day 1 over the holiday weekend. It's tough to jump into the game cold and try to keep up with everything going on, especially trying to get the feel of how it was in real time. I was 100% worthless on day 1 and just treaded water to get through it. I don't blame the others for analyzing what you did or didn't do on day 1, but I can only go so far with it knowing you were out of town and distracted. That would make me a hypocrite to go hard on that front.
          He wasn't inactive until it came time to lynch someone. Then he hopped on Scarlet and didn't come back not even until he was lynched, but not even until you held his feet to the fire. Not one post since the last I quoted until you came out with this.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
          TWLJ Champion Season 11
          TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• Originally posted by Voth View Post

the_paul
            Town and especially you because you have a brain, if you guys falter today and lynch me, please lynch Willby tomorrow and make sure Kassius is next. This post is so unbelievably scummy and it is a giant echo chamber. Saying a lot of what other people have said without anything original. Clearly deflecting off of his scum buddy Willby without being too obvious or committal about it. All I ask is that you don't forget this post if I die - it is telling beyond words and I don't want it buried.
            If I wanted to protect WillBy, where do you think my vote would be right now? Try to keep your focus on the target in hand, imo. Just tried to analyse the situation, I don't believe that Willby has strongman killed Exalt on N1, it's too risky. So if he doesn't flip strongman on the lynch, do we lynch you next then? As that's the only scenario you're painting as possible if you protected Exalt.

Comment

• Hell, maybe you both tried to kill him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Voth View Post

He wasn't inactive until it came time to lynch someone. Then he hopped on Scarlet and didn't come back not even until he was lynched, but not even until you held his feet to the fire. Not one post since the last I quoted until you came out with this.
                I'll clarify that. He was inactive but not nearly the worst, and he disappeared for a LOT of the Jessup debacle, for whatever it's worth. Then shows up to vote Scarlet and disappear again until you're like "bro you and voth both visited Exalt."

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                TWLJ Champion Season 11
                TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• Jesus it's hard to untangle this mess, I just erased like four paragraphs. I'm going to start with the sidelights and it will build to my thoughts on today's main drama, so please keep reading:

I was convinced kthx was cult-leader Carole Baskin until Voth's claim and then him being roleblocked since cult's traditionally can't recruit until N2 (correct?). To be honest, I haven't a fucking clue what is going on. My current operating theory is that kthx is the killer/cult combo (maybe an odd/even situation).

But, claims today I caught:
                  Voth: Carole Baskin - 2-shot jailkeeper
                  Overthinkingit: Voyeur
                  Beast: Doctor (troll? Why you do dis?)
                  Willby: Psychiatrist
                  the_paul: Watcher

Backwards softclaimed something because if he were just vanilla there would be no "in the event of a cult" need for his pm.

Jessup is the Tiger King and we have two dead investigative roles.

That brings the grand total of currently claimed investigate roles to 5? In my opinion there has to be a third-party recruiting cult around. Maybe it's not led by Carole Baskin, but I'm still looking at kthx inquisitively because Jessup is correct, a nameclaim would be unlikely to reveal his actual role but could go a long way to confirming he's town.

It is my humble opinion that kthx is likely some sort of scum, be it mafia or third-party, and is using one obvious fact to avoid having to nameclaim: Today's vote HAS to be between Voth and Willby.

Voth is claiming jailkeeper. Correct me if I'm wrong but that means the only way Exalt would of been killed by scum last night was if they used their strongman. As Voth himself (I think) has stated, strongmen are typically x-shot. It strains my imagination to think that scum would use one of their x-shot strongman abilities on N1 with a blindfire shot at Exalt, who hadn't even been hinting at a role.

Willby's psychiatrist claim is suspect too, but then again anything he says is going to be suspect at this point (along with Voth). The only way it makes sense to me is if the serial killer is also the cult leader, which considering the amount of investigative roles claimed could reasonably be the case.

So yeah, Voth or Willby (or third-rail pressure kthx into name claiming). I really don't know and I would love to see a current VC.

For now (and subject to change) I'm going to vote Voth purely because I find it incredibly unlikely that mafia would waste an x-shot strongman on a random N1 kill (f that's standard meta, please correct me) and flavorly I don't really see how Carole Baskin would be a jailkeeper since she didn't even bring Joe down in real life.

Sorry for the wall of text but I would love to hear what people think about my reasoning. I'm sure I'm missing something along the way because this has been quite the web to untangle.

And to make it easier on the moderator:
                  VOTE VOTH
                  Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                  Message has been sent to online moderators
                  2:BLeeN> veh yes
                  (Overstrand)>no
                  2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                  2:BLeeN> ok then no
                  :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                  (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

If I wanted to protect WillBy, where do you think my vote would be right now? Try to keep your focus on the target in hand, imo. Just tried to analyse the situation, I don't believe that Willby has strongman killed Exalt on N1, it's too risky. So if he doesn't flip strongman on the lynch, do we lynch you next then? As that's the only scenario you're painting as possible if you protected Exalt.
                    That's the only situation I can think of. I don't know of anything else that bypasses a Jailkeeper. I've already laid out why I would strongman the shit out of Exalt the first chance I had if I was scum and had the ability available. Get him out while you can or he can ruin your game.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                    TWLJ Champion Season 11
                    TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• It's fine fellas, but this is a waste. And will set us farther back. I totally get the hesitancy on the strongman thing but if all of these roleclaims are true, the scum team would almost have to have a strongman for balance. I can't speak to using it immediately because I am not scum, but like I said I would want Exalt gone ASAP.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                      TWLJ Champion Season 11
                      TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• I hope you 'echo chamber' Vehicle's post too then, Voth.

Willby, if Voth flips town then you're dead tomorrow whilst I laugh at how you thought it was a good idea to strongman kill on N1 one of the biggest targets in the game.

Unvote Kthx (did I even vote for him this phase? I can't remember)

Vote VOTH

Comment

Hell, maybe you both tried to kill him.
                          I appreciate the "defense" but why arent you voting for one of us if you think that it's possible we both tried to kill him?

Comment

• And not to jump into flavorful narrative territory that I normally scoff at and I haven't even seen the show, but doesn't Carole have tigers also? Does Jailkeeper make any sense from a juicy flavorful narrative standpoint for that reason? Fill in the blanks if you've seen the show, just a thought.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                            TWLJ Champion Season 11
                            TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

I hope you 'echo chamber' Vehicle's post too then, Voth.

Willby, if Voth flips town then you're dead tomorrow whilst I laugh at how you thought it was a good idea to strongman kill on N1 one of the biggest targets in the game.

Unvote Kthx (did I even vote for him this phase? I can't remember)

Vote VOTH
                              Whoop there it is

Comment

• See the Kassius and Willby bullshit back and forth? Remember this fellas! Don't let it get buried. This is classic scum banter they are planning on scum chat.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                                TWLJ Champion Season 11
                                TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Working...
                                X