Forum Mafia - Shawshank Redemption - Salvation lies within

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
    Also I just full-claimed my role, which could potentially benefit town, unlike yours.
    If you're telling the truth there, chief. You sound like a less-swingy version of a hider, which is conveniently unverifiable. Furthermore, you claimed 2-shot on it, which I cant tell if I like or not. On one hand, it prevents you from being unkillable in the endgame, but on the other hand, you can pretty much screw up protections and the like. If you had (for some reason) hid behind jessup last night, you would be dead?

im going to start calling it the bus-hider, because it's a combination of hider and busdriver. Btw your role is no longer useful to town. The only use for it is to "hide behind" scum so they kill themselves when they target you. But now that wont happen...

The thing that probably bugs me most is that you've come in all high and mighty with this claim after almost every active player has made a claim. There wasnt any new information besides "dont lynch me I'm a town". If it's real, you are no longer a night kill target, which makes you as useful but less verifiable than zeebu. You only claimed once you are sure exalt wont let you be lynched.
    Suspicious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jessup View Post
      Vote Field with me any1? Going to bed but leaving my vote there since scum who are actively spinning towns wheels so we get no where today.. When/ if I see a decent train with logic behind I may switch but still feel voth is scummy as shit and field is the way to out voth once and for all..
      Do you have any thoughts on leo or beast?

Comment

• WillBy Vehicle

I have one angle left though that nobody has discussed. If we assume that Paul tried to recruit scum, which is my take on things, then who would he have tried to recruit? This is a meta thing to answer, but it's worth looking at.

When I looked at the likely players who could be scum and who Paul would've tried to recruit. I find it extremely unlikely for Beast to ever be recruited by Paul. Ditto for MLeo. Halp is possible, but doubtful. I thought Field was a definite possibility, but Voth got the inno result on him. That doesn't mean Field can't be a Godfather, but it's not worth pursuing unless all other options exhaust themselves first. Zeebu was unlikely imo, but he wouldn't be a terrible option. His neighbor note thing takes that away though imo, since i dont know why that would be a scum role. That leave both WillBy and Vehicleas the most logical options left.

I mean, other than that, there's me, Scarlet, and Voth, but since I don't think it likely that Voth is scum, and I know I'm town (plus I usually die early in these games as town), that leaves only Scarlet. I'm going to guess that Paul didn't try to recruit them on his first try. Scarlet seems like someone you'd recruit later in the game.

Since I don't think you two are bussing each other, what do you think of the other one possibly having been the scum player Paul targetted? I mean, maybe Paul was a scum kill, but that doesn't really make sense, considering most Cult Recruiters have BP and not trying to kill the claimed town doc when the watcher just died doesn't make a ton of sense to me.
        RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
        RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Also Vehicle, what do you think of Mleo and Halp being the two wagons?
          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
            Also I just full-claimed my role, which could potentially benefit town, unlike yours.
            interesting. so unlike hider, you can go behind a mafia member and not auto-die. that is a fairly strong pro-town role imo since if you were targeted a night when you targeted (assholed?) a mafia member the mafia could conceivably put a hit on themselves. great fun.

if you asshole behind a town and that town is targeted you both die. if you asshole behind a town and youre targetted, the town dies. no bueno in either case

so your role cant really be used as investigative at all, but provided you can keep assholing suspected mafia members then its a great benefit to town.

i cannot see how this role would benefit someone mafia aligned.

unless you pulled this role out of your ass (ahahaha nailed it) i would give you a strong town lean based on that claim

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

• PartyFalcon is also a possibility who I keep forgetting about, but not someone I'd lynch right now over the other two.
              RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post
                WillBy Vehicle

I have one angle left though that nobody has discussed. If we assume that Paul tried to recruit scum, which is my take on things, then who would he have tried to recruit? This is a meta thing to answer, but it's worth looking at.

When I looked at the likely players who could be scum and who Paul would've tried to recruit. I find it extremely unlikely for Beast to ever be recruited by Paul. Ditto for MLeo. Halp is possible, but doubtful. I thought Field was a definite possibility, but Voth got the inno result on him. That doesn't mean Field can't be a Godfather, but it's not worth pursuing unless all other options exhaust themselves first. Zeebu was unlikely imo, but he wouldn't be a terrible option. His neighbor note thing takes that away though imo, since i dont know why that would be a scum role. That leave both WillBy and Vehicleas the most logical options left.

I mean, other than that, there's me, Scarlet, and Voth, but since I don't think it likely that Voth is scum, and I know I'm town (plus I usually die early in these games as town), that leaves only Scarlet. I'm going to guess that Paul didn't try to recruit them on his first try. Scarlet seems like someone you'd recruit later in the game.

Since I don't think you two are bussing each other, what do you think of the other one possibly having been the scum player Paul targetted? I mean, maybe Paul was a scum kill, but that doesn't really make sense, considering most Cult Recruiters have BP and not trying to kill the claimed town doc when the watcher just died doesn't make a ton of sense to me.
                assuming paul died while trying to recruit, i think PF is an extremely viable target for him. not a big contributor this game yet but seems like a strong player based on last game. i find it somewhat suspect of you that you left him off your list.

Comment

• bah, wrote that before you responded. stupid forums

Comment

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post
                    PartyFalcon is also a possibility who I keep forgetting about, but not someone I'd lynch right now over the other two.
                    for hte time being i buy vehicles claim so hes off the list.

i'll go read through willby's claim again and think on how palatable it is

why not PF though?

Comment

• Originally posted by WillBy View Post

Do you have any thoughts on leo or beast?
                      Leo was after field which I liked, beast is seeming brash but town. ZERO verifiable way this phase to know any real info going for either m_leo or beast but.... if we go for field we can either get a full claim from field or lynch him and see how he flips and at the same time learn the truth about if Voth is scum. Field is a 2 for one deal including that also includes voth being outted. Voth has by far been the most destructive player for town. He has a proven record of complete anti town moves.. that D1 nonsense train outting doctor and being the deciding vote to kill sherlock over soe bs at that too.. sherlock was not scummy seeming to me at all yet voth said he was like a fool and now we have this d2 convenient out of the woodwork "I investigated field" claim AFTER exalt started a train on him. All seems way too convenient. Voth and field need to be pushed on HARD NOW
                      TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                      TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                      TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                      TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• Please stop focusing on lurkers ffs . we need at least a 2 for one info gain train.. lurkers give us just a 1 for 1 and are basically guesses. I feel like 2 lurkers are scum but why just guess?
                        TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                        TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeebu View Post

for hte time being i buy vehicles claim so hes off the list.

i'll go read through willby's claim again and think on how palatable it is

why not PF though?
                          The other two being Halp and MLeo. The 'who did Paul try to recruit' angle is for a 3rd scum possibility, assuming the first two are correct.
                          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Voth I haven't commented on your roleclaim and result on me because I've been sleeping. I believe you are the Librarian. Did you read the post I tagged you in? If not, go back and read. The post was prior to your roleclaim.

On D1 I had a scum read on you despite a very town play, because it is not unlike you to pull that kind of play as scum. While I did not contribute the rest of D1, I made sure to read it and analyze it before submitting a night action. At beginning of D2, my view of you changed. Note the timeline I'm giving you and read my previous post.

Exalt I posted my reasons for reading m_leo as scum. Most of note -- I caught him at best misconstruing what I and others have said and at worst deliberately lying about it. I will be very, very surprised if he flips town. I read you as town.
                            Trench Wars Player

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Originally posted by Jessup View Post
                              Please stop focusing on lurkers ffs . we need at least a 2 for one info gain train.. lurkers give us just a 1 for 1 and are basically guesses. I feel like 2 lurkers are scum but why just guess?
                              Let me rephrase this and you answer the question:

Between Field, Voth, and the two lurkers, who do you think would be more likely to last the entire game and make it to lylo?
                              RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• w/e im sleeping.. i'll join towniest train with most votes either way.. not gonna do a throw away
                                TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                                TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Working...
                                X