No announcement yet.

Forum Mafia - Shawshank Redemption - Salvation lies within

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alright so things are like this, modkilling would basically destroy the game, I'm missing enough actions that it would cause irreparable damage to the game if I actually ended the phase at the current time. I don't really have much choice but to call this a weekend and hopefully actions will be in by Monday so we can continue. Tomorrow being Fathers Day and all I hope the active players and people who sent in actions several days ago are cool with just calling this a Holiday Weekend. If it was one action I wouldn't hesitate to end the phase but unfortunately it isn't. So my apologies to the contributing players but there isn't much I can do at this point except wait. Ending the game isn't an option I'm willing to suggest given the effort many of you have already put into it.

So we can see what happens and hopefully start out with a new phase on Monday.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• Originally posted by kthx View Post
      Alright so things are like this, modkilling would basically destroy the game, I'm missing enough actions that it would cause irreparable damage to the game if I actually ended the phase at the current time. I don't really have much choice but to call this a weekend and hopefully actions will be in by Monday so we can continue. Tomorrow being Fathers Day and all I hope the active players and people who sent in actions several days ago are cool with just calling this a Holiday Weekend. If it was one action I wouldn't hesitate to end the phase but unfortunately it isn't. So my apologies to the contributing players but there isn't much I can do at this point except wait. Ending the game isn't an option I'm willing to suggest given the effort many of you have already put into it.

So we can see what happens and hopefully start out with a new phase on Monday.
      Cool with me, have a good weekend. See y'all Monday.
      Trench Wars Player

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• Just on the basis of investment I'm struggling to see voth as anything other than town.
          Implicitly, field is then town or (the godfather/voth is naive/etc). I don't have a problem with that conclusion, I don't have anything in particular to suspect field over.

Willby is still town, modconfirmed as voteless D2 and having a vote D1.
          Zeebu was soft-cleared by willby in probably the most believable claim and set-up in the game. Zeebu is otherwise in a similar class to field anyway.

If exalt is telling the truth about his role he's almost certainly town, but I don't particularly see the benefit of blowing a lynch (on forcing him to make it a NL) to test that if we're not walking into mylo.
          Kassius is either retarded or scum, but I hardly think his play through the first 48hrs of D2 was a work of genius, so I'm leaning towards calling him town. Anyone who wants to float the idea that this was a 400IQ scumplay should bring some evidence of when he hasn't played like a moron.

Party Falcon isn't even playing lol. I mean, apparently neither is anyone else and PF has an excuse, but it's not like this tells me their alignment.

Jessup survived D1 by claiming doctor. Came out with the strangest possible claim about their N1 action, but that it was unprompted and separate from the revelation that they were abducted or otherwise made ascetic N1 suggests that it was in good faith.
          Beast claimed a role 'less OP than last time' (for reference: strong willed bulletproof townie). No especial reason for me to think they are or aren't anything

Halp has actually been a little more actively, unfortunately while it's night. Nothing there but defending himself from accusations of lurking (guess what he's been doing when not defending himself from accusations of lurking i.e. during the day, go on, guess, that's right, lurking). Started throwing out unsubstantiated cases I don't agree with at the end of D2.

Originally posted by m_leonhard View Post
          What the fuck have I done that's ANTI-TOWN?
          Lurk all game lol
          I was going to say 'try to drive two different lazy and dumb lynches with nothing behind them D1 then D2' but that's strictly scummy, not anti-town.
          D2 halp is at least marginally better than D1 halp because he actually exists in the game, at least to a limited extent, but m_leonhard seems to be posting less and less as we go on, and what he does post has less and less connection to the game. Something like post #487, which was more or less all wrong, was dropped in the middle of D2 with m_leo nowhere near the chopping block; just wildly fingering people for things that never happened and then not providing evidence for any of it.
          m_leonhard Do you still believe in a scarlet/field/willby scumteam? Any changes to this roster? How would any of those player's flipping town influence your other reads?

Comment

• I dunno how you can trust voth, or exalt at this stage. I mean I have no real concrete info but by trains and bad votes voth is by far in the lead as most detrimental to town. Exalt made no hard push on field even when he was saying we should go after field when I had my vote on them the whole time. If I had to guess atm I'd peg scum as Voth, Scarlet, Exalt, Field and Kassius heh. :cool4:

TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
            TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
            TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
            TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
            TSLD CHAMPION 2018
            TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• Originally posted by Jessup View Post
              I dunno how you can trust voth, or exalt at this stage. I mean I have no real concrete info but by trains and bad votes voth is by far in the lead as most detrimental to town. Exalt made no hard push on field even when he was saying we should go after field when I had my vote on them the whole time. If I had to guess atm I'd peg scum as Voth, Scarlet, Exalt, Field and Kassius heh. :cool4:
              gurgle gurgle gaggle goo

bibble babble jibble jobble

fascinating stuff bro.

Scarlet is scum unfortunately. He's playing the balance beam game and has been all game. Calling out what he can't defend of his own teams transgressions (vehemently, often, and consistently) while also conveniently voting on town wagons while posting a ton of shade about his own team (but not TOO much). It's pretty classic really, and very well played.

But not everyone in this game is as utterly useless moronic as Jessup.
              7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
              Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
              TWLJ Champion Season 11
              TWLB All-Star Season 10
              Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

• so what happens is tw mafia has no consequences at all.

at this point it’s clear to me that mafia is in the drivers seat. I tried pushing for pf in a day where there were no clear targets then mafia managed to pivot to vehicle. Was a solid play, good job. As a result I no longer care about this game in the slightest. I propose a giftwrapped win granted to mafia tbh. We can fuck around for a few more days whining about activity or just accelerate the process.

whatever. Like I said there is no consequence to just fuckin off and giving up.

so gg I guess. I’m still here and lurking though for whoever wants to keep playing

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

• And unless you want to vs me on the friendly neighbor claim I’m confirmed town

Comment

• Double also, I was the one that told wark to just pick someone at random. I’m a 2 shot friendly neighbor person. If my initial reveal didn’t convince anyone , a second one won’t either

Comment

• pretty sure 2 of voth exalt or scarlet are mafia

Comment

• I have to agree a bit with Exalt here, the pace of the game has gone whilst the inactives are placed front and centre in the decision making process.

I get the feeling as well that it's the town players that are inactive, and killing them off would basically end the game, hence kthx's reluctance.

If the standard rules are that you must post once per phase, and the phases had enough time, even with many extensions, and they still haven't, they should be killed. It's not the fault of the host for their inactivity.

Unfortunately this means an almost a certain win for Mafia now, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. The night phase should have ended on Friday, its now Monday and about 10 posts have been made since. I think most have given up.

Comment

• Maybe ask friends if they wanna be a sub?? I dunno.. hopefully by now kthx has gotten info in. Hope the people who disappeared are ok in real life too.
                          TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                          TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                          TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                          TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• Originally posted by Kassius View Post
                            I have to agree a bit with Exalt here, the pace of the game has gone whilst the inactives are placed front and centre in the decision making process.

I get the feeling as well that it's the town players that are inactive, and killing them off would basically end the game, hence kthx's reluctance.

If the standard rules are that you must post once per phase, and the phases had enough time, even with many extensions, and they still haven't, they should be killed. It's not the fault of the host for their inactivity.

Unfortunately this means an almost a certain win for Mafia now, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. The night phase should have ended on Friday, its now Monday and about 10 posts have been made since. I think most have given up.
                            I don't post game relevant info at night. I reckon the same for some others. Doesn't mean we "gave up."

In fact I am looking at the newbs who were gone most of D2 and suddenly decided to play the game during the night. I hope they don't make it a habit.
                            ​​​​​
                            Trench Wars Player

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

• I'll be modkilling anyone that hasn't given me their role PM tonight and we will go from there. Would do it tight now but there are some issues with my dad I have to take care of
                              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• I can't really fathom how someone with a night action can't find time to submit it within four days. Pretty unreal actually that modkilling people for not submitting a night action for four calendar days is even being talked about. Oh well.
                                7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                                Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                                TWLJ Champion Season 11
                                TWLB All-Star Season 10
                                Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Working...
                                X