Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the_paul
    replied
    Yes Exalt, the panic role claim exactly like ixt did lol. I?m not really sure what prompted him to do that though. Although his vague hints at what his role is make absolutely no sense to me. I?m pretty sure he?s actually probably scum, either that or he?s just a really bad townie. I?m tempted to make a push for him, but it?s probably not worth the risk if he really does have a pro town role. He?s giving me a headache though

I see a lot of people disagree with my no lynch, which makes sense especially given Exalt?s reasoning. I?m still staying pat with my inconsequential vote though, because the only one who?s done anything stupid recently is ixt.

Leave a comment:

• Missa
    replied
    Originally posted by ixt View Post
    Going that direction, like yourself?
    I meant if Exalt was working with you and nobody was voting for you yet because you hadn't basically begged someone to investigate you, why would he have jumped all over you, drawing more attention?

Leave a comment:

• ixt
    replied
    Going that direction, like yourself? Voth I'm not giving two fks about cuz I think he just has an enema towards me period. Focus is on will and missa, but as exalt pointed out the first bandwagon was on will, so I guess that helps his townie argument. Rodney had yet to say much, so Rodney, would u like to say anythin buddy?

Leave a comment:

• Missa
    replied
    Originally posted by Exalt View Post

When you say I'm coaching ixt, are you implying that I'm his scum buddy? That's an interesting theory you have there. Care to elaborate?

If I am his scum buddy, why would I coach him in this thread, rather than in PMs/Scum chat? Also, why would I acknowledge my scum buddy in public at all, when I could instead ignore him and let town mislynch some random townie instead? For instance, do you have anything to say about Rodney? What do you think of his vote on Willby?.
    Well, it was just a theory. It seems like you're town doing good investigative work, which I have no idea if that could be an act or not. I'm thinking not, considering how much I've learned about how to play from your posts alone! ixt is just.. I don't know. He seems like a fish out of water or like he over extended himself trying to bait people out? I'm unsure. I can't really understand some of his actions or if he's acting like this on purpose? And yeah, good point as to why worry about him when nobody was going that direction until now.

Leave a comment:

• Exalt
    replied
    Originally posted by the_paul View Post
    I notice that in your math you didn?t factor in the all too common panic role claim when someone has votes on them. I get your logic and I appreciate the thought and effort that you put into your post, I just generally and fundamentally disagree (unless someone is a shithead or inactive). I?ve just seen too many people panic when they have votes on them and roleclaim cop or something and basically end the game for us day 1.

I?m not really asking anyone to follow my lead, I?m just explaining the reasoning behind my votes, unless we need to get rid of a lurker and go from there.

That was a good post through Exalt, thanks for the explanation.
    Fair enough. I don't think you're scummy for taking the stance your 'xthat you do. I just disagree with it.

As for the panic role claim when someone has votes on them, what do you think of ixt possibly having done that exact thing?

Oh, and as for panic claiming cop, if I was caught scum that knew I was about to be lynched, I think that's exactly what I'd do. Worst case scenario, I force the counter-claim from the real cop to out them to my scum team, which is a win-win if my team has a roleblocker or strongman to NK them through a doctor. Best case, the real cop is a lurker or an idiot, the town believes me due to no counter, and I claim a false guilty the next day. Once that lynch is through, I claim I must be a paranoid cop or that I must have been busdriven, and I didn't get NK'd because scum must have thought I'd be protected by a doctor. Fake claims are really easy to do as scum, which is why

u dont know what my ability does, maybe I WANT to be targeted?
    Are you saying you're bulletproof? That's the only reason I can think of that could even go with 'vanilla townie x-shot' in any conceivable way except Bomb or Paranoid Gun Owner, both of which would not be called 'vanilla' townie. Regardless, if this is the case, it's awfully convenient for you to claim that due to no counter-claims and an excuse for never dying at night, wouldn't you say? For me, the biggest reason to half-believe you is because of Missa joining your wagon, not because of your own play. You act sketchier and sketchier with each post imo, but I also think that if you were scum, your team would have told you to shut up by now.

Originally posted by Undercut View Post

This just doesn't make any sense to me. Why would you ask to be investigated and then role claim so quickly when you weren't even about to be lynched? You didn't have many votes on you and this just drew more attention to you for absolutely no reason. I'm also failing to see a real reason to vote for rodney other than the fact that he voted for willby seemingly out of nowhere. He hasn't had a chance to defend himself yet and this wagon on him is just based on his inactiveness.
    Well if you don't think Rodney is scum, who do you think is? You are the only one who hasn't voted yet. Why are you being so careful?

Leave a comment:

• Undercut
    replied

This just doesn't make any sense to me. Why would you ask to be investigated and then role claim so quickly when you weren't even about to be lynched? You didn't have many votes on you and this just drew more attention to you for absolutely no reason. I'm also failing to see a real reason to vote for rodney other than the fact that he voted for willby seemingly out of nowhere. He hasn't had a chance to defend himself yet and this wagon on him is just based on his inactiveness.

Leave a comment:

• ixt
    replied
    Originally posted by WillBy View Post

Vanilla townie claim with an x-shot means you're not a vanilla townie.

And a refusal to hard claim anything doesn't do anyone any good. If you are town, the you've painted a target on your back by saying you have an ability. You also havent given us any reason to believe your claim: no number of shots, no specific ability, nothing to go off. Cap that off with the worst defense: "you're going to regret this" and I'm feeling pretty confident in my vote

Leave a comment:

• ixt
    replied
    I am a vanilla townie but DO have an ability, yes. Fine, with that long page of percentage analysis ill give u the benefit of the doubt. vote willby seems there are bandwagoners forming hehehe

Leave a comment:

• field
    replied
    So it looks like I did break tie to lead a Rodney lynch after all. (Based on Exalt's latest vote change).

Leave a comment:

• Exalt
    replied
    Ninja'd by field... I think this is right then:

Vote Count:
    Rodney - 4 (Soilderz, Zeebu, field, Exalt)

ixt - 3 (Voth, Willby, Missa)
    WillBy - 2 (Rodney, midoent)
    midoent - 1 (the_paul)
    Exalt - 1 (ixt)
    field - 1 (BIET)

Missing votes from:
    Undercut

Leave a comment:

• field
    replied
    Originally posted by field
    on my vote count, this puts rodney in the lead.
    Ignore this, I hadn't seen Missa's vote before hitting post reply.

Rodney and ixt are tied at 3.

Leave a comment:

• Exalt
    replied
    i am vanilla townie but with an x-shot ability that i wont reveal until i find someone who i can trust
    This doesn't make any sense. If you are a vanilla townie, that means you have no abilities. If you have an x-shot ability, it means you are some other type of role name besides vanilla. Are you making it up, or are you actually saying that your role pm says something like 'You're a vanilla townie with an x-shot ability'?

Originally posted by Missa View Post
    Seems like he's trying TOO hard to look innocent now after slipping up, and Exalt is possibly trying to keep him in line? Hmmm.
    When you say I'm coaching ixt, are you implying that I'm his scum buddy? That's an interesting theory you have there. Care to elaborate?

If I am his scum buddy, why would I coach him in this thread, rather than in PMs/Scum chat? Also, why would I acknowledge my scum buddy in public at all, when I could instead ignore him and let town mislynch some random townie instead? For instance, do you have anything to say about Rodney? What do you think of his vote on Willby?

Side note:

Since nobody else wants to vote Missa right now (Soilderz is the only other player to even mention her so far), I'll go with my other main suspect Rodney. Undercut is still iffy for me too, but only if Missa is scum. I also want to see where he votes with the 3-way tie I'm about to create.

UNVOTE: Missa
    VOTE: Rodney

So I think this is correct now:

Vote Count:
    WillBy - 3 (field, Rodney, midoent)
    ixt - 3 (Voth, Willby, Missa)
    Rodney - 3 (Soilderz, Zeebu, Exalt)
    midoent - 1 (the_paul)
    Exalt - 1 (ixt)
    field - 1 (BIET)

Missing votes from:
    Undercut

I'm suspect of ixt, but not enough to vote him, especially with Missa on that wagon. It's highly doubtful they're both scum, so I'm sticking to my original hunches.

Leave a comment:

• field
    replied
    I was gone all of yesterday, so my apologies for the long post. I read thread, jotted down some thoughts, and here they are:

unvote: WillBy

It was a joke vote, i.e. meaningless. But from the WillBy bandwagon, rodney's post and vote for WillBy make him top of my scum list.

He made vague comment about Exalt's thinking (nothing about the content of those thoughts though), and claimed some (again, vague) are acting suspicious. RoDNeY who is acting suspicious and why do you think so?

He is the third vote on WillBy, effectively making a train out of my vote and Missa's on WillBy by breaking the tie between WillBy and Undercunt. Reasoning is that WillBy was calling out lurkers. That was after WillBy said "rather push at lurkers if we aren't lynching." IMO, calling out lurkers to post and contribute has the objective of gathering information, which is a town move and a primary goal of town on day one as the uninformed majority. And Rodney thinks this is scummy?

The above + the fact that his post seems that it wants to contribute without really contributing anything make him scum in my eyes.

vote: rodney

Based on my vote count, this puts rodney in the lead.

-----

Not sure about zeebu but he made a good post and seems to be in the mindset of town. Town-leaning for now, would definitely ignore on day 1.

-----

Let's sum up @ixt's gameplay so far:
    -publically asked cop to link up with him on day 1
    -retaliatory vote on midoent and Exalt
    -quickly unvotes midoent
    -role claim town role with x-shot ability

Every single one of these is a scummy move, yet I think ixt is just being a new and is town. I say that with huge reservation, because his gameplay is very detrimental to our efforts.

Retaliatory votes are so scummy, but also a newbie mistake. All you are doing is confusing and distracting town. No one in their right mind would lynch Exalt at this point in the game, so what do you hope to gain by your vote? You do know that analyzing vote trends is one of the ways we catch scum, especially as the game goes on, right? What do you think we will learn when we come back in two or three phases and see your retaliatory nonsense votes littering the thread? You can question Exalt without voting for him. Make your vote mean something, especially so late after game started.

Furthermore, why did you role claim? There was barely any heat on you. All you did was give scum information they do not have, and you did that with one of the worst role claims possible:
    vanilla townie with x-shot ability. Vanilla AND x-shot? Nigga please.
    ​​​​
    -----

I'm getting a scummy vibe from midoent. His back and forth with ixt, plus his random vote on tp seems like he wants to draw suspicion away from himself.

-----

Soilderz you shouldn't feel bad about voting people. It is your job as town and the main tool for town to gather information during the day. I would like to see more but maybe scum?

-----

Exalt is at top of my town list at the moment. So far he's been questioning people, gathering information, and laying out strategy. He's analyzing the game and contributing his thoughts about what others are doing. That's imo what a town should be doing. I agree with him that we should be lynching someone on day one. That is the only way to make any discussion on day one meaningful. The only scummy play from Exalt is him discussing PR targets during night (we should not be giving this information to scum), but putting this comment in the wider context it becomes clear that he was just trying to help.

-----

Voth called out ixt for scummy behavior, but am unsure what to make of it. Pro-town for now as I wait to hear more.

-----

I'm leaning towards the_paul being town, even though I disagree with his no lynch strategy. His reasoning is not bad. There is a chance we either lynch town PR, or someone will rapidly roleclaim like ixt has already done. Both of which do nothing but help scum. Although we always learn something from a lynch.

No read due to lack of content:
    Undercut, Missa, BIET

Leave a comment:

• Missa
    replied
    The reason I didn't bold the votes was because I didn't realize I was supposed to until well later -- Brand new baby mafia player, here. I didn't even realize my posts would be counted as votes -- I thought we were trolling but now I have a much better understanding of how this all works.

On that note, after ixt's marvelous performance and appearing desperate to flop around.. I can really take all this behavior either way, as previously pointed out. Trolling or just panicking at this point, but why panic so badly when you have but one vote upon you? I don't know. Seems like he's trying TOO hard to look innocent now after slipping up, and Exalt is possibly trying to keep him in line? Hmmm.

unvote: willby
    vote: ixt

Leave a comment:

• the_paul
    replied
    Also, the more I think about it, you might be right. I don?t think I?ve ever played a game with 13 people before, which shortens the time line for victory considerably. I?m still leaning no lynch, but that?s a good point I hadn?t factored in.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X