X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WillBy
    replied
    Originally posted by Exalt View Post

I can't say my character name obviously, but my 'role' looks like something Kthx created. I believe the official name he gave it is 'financial manager of Shawshank'. I'm sure he got the mechanics from some other role that I don't know about, but I have 3 different abilities I can use once. One of those abilities is the ability to stop a lynch and end the day immediately. I'm leveraging this ability today. Either the two I choose are the wagons, or I'm ending the day as a No Lynch.
    Oh ok, I understand then. I'm in the middle of typing a large response to your earlier question, bear with me. I'm not going to PPE it either, so some of the points you've already answered. But I'm working on it, and I think you will enjoy it.

Leave a comment:

• m_leonhard
    replied
    Or, I guess, to put my post more succinctly:

"Sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Leave a comment:

• Zeebu
    replied
    so what exactly is your role willby, it doesnt make any sense

Leave a comment:

• m_leonhard
    replied
    So I don't really have the time to go check the VC at the moment, but on the chance I do get lynched today, I think all of the remaining town need to pay very careful attention to Willby, Scarlet and Field.

Pay attention to how they push, hard, back on other people's theories without really providing any of their own. They attack and attack and attack, but fill in no gaps.

Pay attention to how when their crusade on Kassius wasn't gaining any traction, their stories suddenly both swapped to "well just because he has a scummy role doesn't mean Willby is scum" and "people in D1 felt scummy" so let's attack them instead.

Pay attention to how they do "attack" each others claims, but in a very half-assed manner. They poke holes in each others stories but then, immediately divert attention away and right back to me.

Pay attention to the number of times that Scarlet and Field have said "What about m_leonhard and Vehicle?" every time people start to poke more holes their claims.

Pay attention to how they accuse me of "parroting" when they're just repeating each others talking points (about me, and others) over and over again. Note how I agreed with Scarlet (Post #447) and that was "parroting" but then Field agreed with Scarlet, on the exact same point, and that was seen as contributing.

Pay attention to how they accuse me of adding "nothing," despite the fact that Scarlet drowned D1 in a useless debate on game mechanics; how Willby threw out some weird-ass claim that he's spent the whole day defending and distracting with; and how Field hasn't contributed anything except to repeat Scarlet's points and to make claims based on his "gut."

Pay attention to how Field, in post #461 -- supports Scarlet's claim that Willby's roleclaim was anti-town, but then attacks me for arguing that Willby is anti-town. In what is an absurd strawman argument, Field for some reason decides I should be lynched because I believe Willby's roleclaim but think that the role-claim is an anti-town role. This is absurd. Either you believe Willby's claim -- in which he's claimed an anti-town role, or Willby is lying...and inventing a weird anti-town role in his lie. Either way, Willby is not town. Yet, despite this, I am the one he decides to vote for.

Pay attention to how they hound me for "disappearing" and not responding to their claims, despite it being, ya know 3 am my time. Yet they ignore the fact that half of this group has been silent this entire fucking day.

So if I do get lynched: pay attention to these three moving forward.

Hell, if I don't get lynched pay attention to them anyway.

I'm gonna keep my vote as is for now.

Leave a comment:

• Zeebu
    replied
    oh, shoulda kept reading, carry on

Leave a comment:

• Zeebu
    replied
    Originally posted by Exalt View Post

Thanks. Do you SR Field, and if you had a vote today, would it be on him knowing I'm forcing town to choose between you/him/no lynch today?
    are you saying you have a role similar to a gladiator... except you dont have to choose yourself? kthx gonna have to come make a ruling and actually come out and say that is the case for anyone to actually believe that those are the only choices

Leave a comment:

• Beast
    replied
    Originally posted by WillBy View Post

Let me get this straight.

My role is useless and doesnt benefit town, but I should have waited to make sure I targeted scum. by this same logic a roleblocker should abstain N1 because they could block cop or something. Is that how you would play roleblocker?
    even if your role is useless as you say... that's such a defeatist attitude..but thanks for making my vote today easy.

VOTE WILLBY

Leave a comment:

• Exalt
    replied
    Wow neat role. We will see how that shakes out mechanically and with votes. Since I'm obviously not in this, I'll just say: please vote field if you think hes scum, and please abstain(?) If you dont. If we are only able to choose those three options, the above two are the right choices.

I feel obligated to point out that if my using my action last night was a misplay, then this is almost certainly a misplay. Exalt is so convinced hes got scum, it's kind of funny. I can only hope for your sake that field is scum, otherwise you just suck.
    I can't say my character name obviously, but my 'role' looks like something Kthx created. I believe the official name he gave it is 'financial manager of Shawshank'. I'm sure he got the mechanics from some other role that I don't know about, but I have 3 different abilities I can use once. One of those abilities is the ability to stop a lynch and end the day immediately. I'm leveraging this ability today. Either the two I choose are the wagons, or I'm ending the day as a No Lynch.

Leave a comment:

• WillBy
    replied
    Wow neat role. We will see how that shakes out mechanically and with votes. Since I'm obviously not in this, I'll just say: please vote field if you think hes scum, and please abstain(?) If you dont. If we are only able to choose those three options, the above two are the right choices.

I feel obligated to point out that if my using my action last night was a misplay, then this is almost certainly a misplay. Exalt is so convinced hes got scum, it's kind of funny. I can only hope for your sake that field is scum, otherwise you just suck.

Leave a comment:

• Exalt
    replied
    Oh welcome back to the game, exalt.
    Thanks. Do you SR Field, and if you had a vote today, would it be on him knowing I'm forcing town to choose between you/him/no lynch today?

Leave a comment:

• WillBy
    replied
    Oh welcome back to the game, exalt.

Leave a comment:

• WillBy
    replied
    Well this died. I guess that's what happens when everyone on one side just logs off.
    Originally posted by Kassius View Post
    Not biting any more, figure stuff out for yourselves. I've been as helpful as I can this phase. I'm allowed to have my own scum reads and keep my reasonings to myself. I'm not accountable to scum interrogation.
    Is this really as helpful as you think you can be? Posting that jessup was thrown in solitary and that you think theres a cop? That's all one can contribute during a day?

It's frustrating dealing with this type of attitude towards game. Berate me, call me obvious scum, point out misplays and bad logic. The only time I ever get upset with this game is when people refuse to engage

Leave a comment:

• Exalt
    replied
    Originally posted by field View Post
    Wasted too much time on Kassius, wasted too much time on WillBy.

That only makes it more likely than not that they're both town and we have before us just another case of town-infighting. While scum like m_leo skate by.

Kassius and WillBy should NOT be on the line this phase.
    Too bad. You and WillBy are the only choices I'm allowing. Get fucked scum.

Leave a comment:

• Exalt
    replied
    All of you are dumb. Stop pretending you know what the fuck is going on and try to listen first. Since every player has a different role, it stands to reason that perhaps some mechanics make sense to other players, while they wouldn't make sense to you. That's all I have to say. We are lynching either WillBy, Field, or nobody. That's your choice today. I probably won't be around long unless I'm way, way off base here, so I'm going to make sure things go the way I choose regardless of what the fuck you all want.

I'm town and my role allows me to control this shit for one day. Again, we lynch either WillBy, Field, or nobody. If you don't choose either WillBy or Field, today will end without a lynch at all. Since scum fucked up their NK, it's fine to do it today, and since I almost certainly won't make any lylo type situation, I'm not going to hold on to the ability all game long hoping scum don't take me out before that.

So yeah, I repeat one more time: WillBy, Field, or nobody. That's all the choices you will get today.

Leave a comment:

• Jessup
    replied
    Originally posted by Kassius View Post
    Not biting any more, figure stuff out for yourselves. I've been as helpful as I can this phase. I'm allowed to have my own scum reads and keep my reasonings to myself. I'm not accountable to scum interrogation.

Jessup I've literally already said this. I've had to repeat myself and correct others about 6 times already this phase, cause people read what they want to rather than what I've written. I'm done.
    I guess i'm back in "solitary" :laugh:

So ya you could be a werewolf and a vampire next time.. got it.. and u wanted to be cult :\

Leave a comment:

Working...
X