X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WillBy
    replied
    Originally posted by scarlet View Post
    I'll take another look over field, but I feel like I'd be better spent using these 24hrs to try to convince exalt to change his mind than to blow them off in favor of a predetermined lynch direction.
    I strongly agree with this. Feels weird to be stuck trying to appease someone. Especially since it's just this threat that sits there until it's used.

Leave a comment:

• scarlet
    replied
    Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
    A lot of pointless attempts to poke holes in people's stories today, especially Kassius.
    ​​​
    Yeah pointless.
    Riddle me this Vehicle:
    Based on the information Kassius has claimed and that alone, can you tell me if we have a cop in the game?
    I can't, and kassius has taken up a not insignificant part of the D2 discussion with his claim.

Leave a comment:

• scarlet
    replied
    Yeah, looking over field's D2 posts nothing stands out to me. Actually, he mostly agree with me on most things, so that's nice. That's more to say that he could actually best a toddler in a game of wits than it is to say that he's town, but eh.
    I don't agree so much with the Vehicle SR, because vehicle's D1 was actually pretty reasonable as opposed to last time when he was scum.
    I think I disagree with vehicle more than think he's scum. I think that he's lazy, personally, not as a scum tactic.
    Field I think is pretty neutral. If I had to pick between a field lynch and a nolynch, I'd lynch field every time (this post brought to you by Big DoubleLynch) because we might get lucky, but I don't have a particular preference for it. In terms of neutral reads, field is a thousand times more productive than e.g. Beast or even PartyFalcon. He should not be anywhere near the top of the list in a game where we have players like halp

PersonalProtectiveEdit:
    Vehicle unless you're saying that exalt is scum, what's your problem with lynching between two people when you think one of them might be scum?
    I mean, we might be falling for some 400IQ scum play to let exalt ride out the rest of the game, but with the claim I'm inclined to say it's probably true and he's probably town. A nolynch is one of the worst possible lynches we could get and all we'd get out of it is kinda softclearing exalt (who for all intents and purposes, especially after using his ability, is a vanilla).

Leave a comment:

• Vehicle
    replied
    Wait I literally said it would have to take a miracle for me to switch off Willby. Does that make Exalt God?

I've also changed my mind again
    Unvote partyfalcon
    Vote Scarlet

A lot of pointless attempts to poke holes in people's stories today, especially Kassius.
    ​​​

Leave a comment:

• Vehicle
    replied
    I don't think exalt is scum but I kind of want to deliberately vote someone else to force him to use this ability if he actually has it. At this rate, town is basically held hostage by exalt every day.

Fuck it. My vote is going on the person who several players have expressed desperation to hear from, was targeted last night, and has yet to post during this day phase.
    unvote Willby
    Vote PartyFalcon

If I've decided one thing this phase:I won't be voting for field or Willby. I'd rather have a no lynch day then be beholden to Exalts Top 2 until the game is over. Fuck em.

Leave a comment:

• scarlet
    replied
    I hate this kind of meta because it's literally playing against the mod and has nothing to do with how people play, but:
    If the role is real, I feel like it's very unlikely that exalt isn't town.

Realistically, the only use for the role is to prevent exalt from being lynched and soft-clear him in doing so.
    Unfortunately, exalt's taken that as a chance to run with it and stop being accountable to town.

I've never really thought exalt was scum
    The way he's playing now is exactly how I've played on other sites with a very strong 1shot role. It's an easy trap to fall into. It's a really towny position; I don't really doubt either the roleclaim or exalt's alignment.
    My problem is I think he's barking up the wrong tree. That he claims to have been able to show that willby was scummy D1, and still hasn't really doesn't motivate me to pursue that wagon.

I'll take another look over field, but I feel like I'd be better spent using these 24hrs to try to convince exalt to change his mind than to blow them off in favor of a predetermined lynch direction.

Leave a comment:

• Exalt
    replied
    Originally posted by Vehicle View Post

This is worth noting. Like if he never uses the ability he can hold it over town forever. And we don't even know if it's real.
    I guess you wouldn't know if it was real or not until I use it, but that's just how it goes I guess. If I was going to fake something though, I'd have faked a cop guilty on WillBy or Field though to speed the day along.

Leave a comment:

• Exalt
    replied
    Are we gonna see some kind of mod-confirmation of this? Or are you planning on asking town to just submit to your vote choices, then do the same thing the next day over and over? You've claimed that your role only let's you trigger a no-lynch, which again, seems pretty against town's interests.
    I mean, you could ask Kthx if you want, but that seems a bit like asking for TMI, so I doubt he'd confirm or deny it. You can choose to vote whoever you want, but if I don't like the results at EoD, I'm ending things with a NL. If you don't believe me, that's on you. Play it however you see fit.

Leave a comment:

• Vehicle
    replied
    Exalt You've claimed you're holding today's lynch hostage. Besides natural questions like "what the fuck, how does that benefit town" it naturally flows into me asking:
    Are we gonna see some kind of mod-confirmation of this? Or are you planning on asking town to just submit to your vote choices, then do the same thing the next day over and over? You've claimed that your role only let's you trigger a no-lynch, which again, seems pretty against town's interests.
    This is worth noting. Like if he never uses the ability he can hold it over town forever. And we don't even know if it's real.

Leave a comment:

• Vehicle
    replied
    My vote's been consistently on WIllby and I've said it before and I'll say it again: his role is anti-town, therefore it follows that it would not belong to a town member. Therefore I vote for him.

I've made a couple dumb posts early in last night's phase, but I've been pretty steadfastly up Willby's ass since yesterday. So fuck off with your SR field.

I'm not going to keep having the same debate: but why can't a townsperson have a anti-town role, they ask. Because then they wouldn't be town.

My vote stays on Willby and it'll take some miracle to get me to move. If I'm wrong, I'll eat my humble pie, but out of everyone who's currently posting you look the worst.

Leave a comment:

• scarlet
    replied
    Originally posted by Exalt View Post
    I liked this post until the very last sentence. Why would you 'keep your vote'? Voting is town's biggest weapon. Use it if you aren't scum.
    He's leaving it on willby, who he claimed in that post he thought was scum.
    It's a cute post that ignores all nuance and takes advantage of the fact that people won't go back to check anything that happened. I really like it on a meta level, but it's scummy as hell.
    Crusade against kassius wasn't gaining any traction? As far as I can see, neither I nor willby ever thought kassius was a good lynch. He's changed his claim thirty times and the only reason we have the fullclaim that we do now is because of how many times people questioned him about it.
    Well, whatever, I need way more space than this to show what's wrong with that (m_leo's) post.

Exalt You've claimed you're holding today's lynch hostage. Besides natural questions like "what the fuck, how does that benefit town" it naturally flows into me asking:

Leave a comment:

• WillBy
    replied

He's playing much differently currently than his last game as scum. I think he's likely town.
    to be fair he hasn't played more than one game with us. Not sure we have enough to draw conclusions about play style.

I'm also not sure what you've said is true. He's been inactive and a couple big posts. Maybe I'm biased since I knew he was scum from the start, but this is not looking "much different" to me.

Leave a comment:

• m_leonhard
    replied

Oh, nevermind. I thought you were saying you weren't going to vote at all.
    Nah, just meant I was holding it on Willby for the moment, but I may adjust based on what the VC looks like.

Leave a comment:

• Exalt
    replied
    Originally posted by m_leonhard View Post

I'm already voting Willby at the moment. I'll swap to Field or Scarlet though, if needed.
    Oh, nevermind. I thought you were saying you weren't going to vote at all.

Leave a comment:

• m_leonhard
    replied

I liked this post until the very last sentence. Why would you 'keep your vote'? Voting is town's biggest weapon. Use it if you aren't scum.
    I'm already voting Willby at the moment. I'll swap to Field or Scarlet though, if needed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X