Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the_paul
    replied
    I do find it funny that I am the only person I can definitively recall come out saying that I was going to push a no-lynch scenario if possible, and I said that immediately. That leaves 12 of you, the majority of which called my move scummy and said that we have to pursue a lynch day 1. There were 2 people high on the scum list, Rodney and ixt, and the other 10 of you pursued a no-lynch scenario despite saying you would do the opposite. I did what I said and completely stayed out of it, but I'm scum, while people like Exalt said that no matter what a no-lynch scenario is pro-mafia, and then pursued a no-lynch scenario themselves?

There are sides forming and a lot of information to be gained from day 1, if you think otherwise, you're not paying attention. Especially coming from Exalt. He says no lynch is always in favor of mafia no matter what, and then puts a vote on Rodney and doesn't budge, despite the clear cut chance to get a lynch on ixt and get the information he's been calling for. He says if Ixt is scum, why doesn't his mafia tell him to cool it with his "role claims" and start diverting attention, instead of attracting it. Then, ixt has a conference via private message in game with exalt, changes his vote to Rodney (pursing a no lynch scenario might I add), and stops posting walls of gibberish roleclaims. Exalt, if you believe that people need to make up for day 1 actions next day phase, then it seems to me that we should expect quite a lot out of you, maybe more so than anyone else.

tl;dr 1 person did what they said they were going to do right off the bat, ~10 people did otherwise (hard to tell based on some people's inactivity)

Leave a comment:

• BIET
    replied
    Originally posted by ixt View Post

did I say irl? Think I said audio version with real people voices, but never irl. And then again, that was werewolf which has variations to mafia. Last game was my very first mafia game played.
    Ah, my bad. It still makes you more familiar with the strategies a normal player would, and an audio version would be more like this version compared to one irl.

Leave a comment:

• BIET
    replied
    Originally posted by ixt View Post

sorry i should have posted this alongside the last post to make it less tedious reading. im very confused here. u clearly state u have no reason to suspect rodney due to his tone of posting, but in the shorthand version of the list u suspect u throw him back into the mix? this is 100% contradictory but not gonna say ur mafia because of that, could be perhaps a lapse in thought when u were writing all of this down. but it IS a flaw in ur list
    I list the confrontation between soilderz and rodney later, here: "soilderz has been a bit quiet, voted rodney, and now seems convinced rodney is defending himself. if this is all we have to go by I think either one of them is scum or just two townies fighting D1.". The earlier remark was that I didn't see why rodney got all the downvotes before he posted again, besides inactivity perhaps. sort of my thoughts up to that point and not based on all the information currently. Everything after that bit is based on all we 'know' now.

Leave a comment:

• ixt
    replied
    i read that short paragraph embedded regarding soilderz and rodney, but still rings a question if u think rodney is pro town from what developed but now second guessing yourself? dunno

Leave a comment:

• ixt
    replied
    Originally posted by BIET View Post
    That took a while to read, but that's what I'd expected. Sorry for being inactive. I'll promise this won't be a regular occurance. I enjoyed playing in the last one and this one is already gearing up to be good as well. I'll put what I've learned last game into this game.

My reasoning behind my 'throwaway' vote is simple. There wasn't a clear vote leader back when I voted and I wanted to pick someone who was most likely to survive day 1, because if I had picked either willby, rodney, or ixt I wouldn't have been able to unvote in time. It's also no surprise to me that voting for a safe player looks scummy but keep in mind that it is all after the fact. There were only two votes on rodney and 1 on ixt. I would've said ixt looked the most scummy of the two back then but that is mostly due to his play style, if you can call it that. Willby was the vote leader at the time with 2-3 joke votes. The tie is upsetting, but I couldn't have predicted this and hoped others would make the right decisions.

Afaik rodney had only posted a couple of joke votes at the start, but for some reason actually got picked up as possible scum when there was no reason for it. Exalt grabbed at everything to get some early day 1 feelings, which might have swayed a couple of people. I've no reasons to believe either rodney or willby are scum at that point based on their posts. I can't ever be sure about ixt however...

undercut stands out for his weird vote if you don't take his mention of irl stuff into account, but even when taking it into account it doesn't really explain why he waited with voting that long. he made 3-4 posts before actually picking and having it result in a no lynch. No 1 scum pick imo.

thepaul also posted a few times without picking either ixt or rodney, and he mentioned going for a no lynch earlier. He could have broken the tie and was somewhat convinced by exalt a no lynch d1 would be bad for town. No 2 scum pick.

voth going for undercut creating the scenario we are left with now has to be questioned. it was that moment tho that undercut suddenly decided to make his vote, after voth unvoted. he said a no lynch wasn't what he had intended, but he surely must have had enough time to switch back to either ixt or rodney after seeing no one going for undercut. Scum pick no 3.

I'll put down ixt as pick no 4, voth 'put on pressure' to get ixt to talk and unvoting later could also mean they are teamed up, but it seems very unlikely. some defend ixt by saying he is new, but he said before that he's played mafia irl a few times. I would just call it bad at this point. no real benefit to either town or mafia.

midoent has the potential to be 'ixt the 2nd' with his voting and unvoting early on. at least he is more active compared to the last game. not sure if that's a good thing. potential scum, but less likely than the previous 4 listed above.

soilderz has been a bit quiet, voted rodney, and now seems convinced rodney is defending himself. if this is all we have to go by I think either one of them is scum or just two townies fighting D1.

Exalt seems to be our personal mafia library for strategy and a source of status updates. If he is mafia, we are screwed, as he is also the best bet to win as town imo. I have to admit I haven't read all you said because it about 30-40% of all text up to this point. I'm unsure of his allegiance, but he seems pro town at the moment as I find myself agreeing with most of what he has said so far.

I kinda want to put field in the same boat as exalt for now.

willby survived the initial bandwagon of joke votes and has been a bit quiet afterwards, mostly defending his vote on ixt. he does make a valid point about ixt's role claim, but that can also be put in the erratic play style bucket. would an insane townie equal scum?

zeebu said he was going to be less active in the signup thread and I'll give him some slack this time since I was in a similar situation myself. Would expect more info during the week.

missa is our newest player and has yet to contribute anything of value which would indicate either town or scum.

A bit of a long read, but I had to make it up for being inactive.

tl;dr

shortlist: undercut, thepaul, voth, ixt, midoent, soilderz/rodney
    sorry i should have posted this alongside the last post to make it less tedious reading. im very confused here. u clearly state u have no reason to suspect rodney due to his tone of posting, but in the shorthand version of the list u suspect u throw him back into the mix? this is 100% contradictory but not gonna say ur mafia because of that, could be perhaps a lapse in thought when u were writing all of this down. but it IS a flaw in ur list

Leave a comment:

• ixt
    replied
    Originally posted by BIET View Post
    That took a while to read, but that's what I'd expected. Sorry for being inactive. I'll promise this won't be a regular occurance. I enjoyed playing in the last one and this one is already gearing up to be good as well. I'll put what I've learned last game into this game.

My reasoning behind my 'throwaway' vote is simple. There wasn't a clear vote leader back when I voted and I wanted to pick someone who was most likely to survive day 1, because if I had picked either willby, rodney, or ixt I wouldn't have been able to unvote in time. It's also no surprise to me that voting for a safe player looks scummy but keep in mind that it is all after the fact. There were only two votes on rodney and 1 on ixt. I would've said ixt looked the most scummy of the two back then but that is mostly due to his play style, if you can call it that. Willby was the vote leader at the time with 2-3 joke votes. The tie is upsetting, but I couldn't have predicted this and hoped others would make the right decisions.

Afaik rodney had only posted a couple of joke votes at the start, but for some reason actually got picked up as possible scum when there was no reason for it. Exalt grabbed at everything to get some early day 1 feelings, which might have swayed a couple of people. I've no reasons to believe either rodney or willby are scum at that point based on their posts. I can't ever be sure about ixt however...

undercut stands out for his weird vote if you don't take his mention of irl stuff into account, but even when taking it into account it doesn't really explain why he waited with voting that long. he made 3-4 posts before actually picking and having it result in a no lynch. No 1 scum pick imo.

thepaul also posted a few times without picking either ixt or rodney, and he mentioned going for a no lynch earlier. He could have broken the tie and was somewhat convinced by exalt a no lynch d1 would be bad for town. No 2 scum pick.

voth going for undercut creating the scenario we are left with now has to be questioned. it was that moment tho that undercut suddenly decided to make his vote, after voth unvoted. he said a no lynch wasn't what he had intended, but he surely must have had enough time to switch back to either ixt or rodney after seeing no one going for undercut. Scum pick no 3.

I'll put down ixt as pick no 4, voth 'put on pressure' to get ixt to talk and unvoting later could also mean they are teamed up, but it seems very unlikely. some defend ixt by saying he is new, but he said before that he's played mafia irl a few times. I would just call it bad at this point. no real benefit to either town or mafia.

midoent has the potential to be 'ixt the 2nd' with his voting and unvoting early on. at least he is more active compared to the last game. not sure if that's a good thing. potential scum, but less likely than the previous 4 listed above.

soilderz has been a bit quiet, voted rodney, and now seems convinced rodney is defending himself. if this is all we have to go by I think either one of them is scum or just two townies fighting D1.

Exalt seems to be our personal mafia library for strategy and a source of status updates. If he is mafia, we are screwed, as he is also the best bet to win as town imo. I have to admit I haven't read all you said because it about 30-40% of all text up to this point. I'm unsure of his allegiance, but he seems pro town at the moment as I find myself agreeing with most of what he has said so far.

willby survived the initial bandwagon of joke votes and has been a bit quiet afterwards, mostly defending his vote on ixt. he does make a valid point about ixt's role claim, but that can also be put in the erratic play style bucket. would an insane townie equal scum?

zeebu said he was going to be less active in the signup thread and I'll give him some slack this time since I was in a similar situation myself. Would expect more info during the week.

missa is our newest player and has yet to contribute anything of value which would indicate either town or scum.

tl;dr

did I say irl? Think I said audio version with real people voices, but never irl. And then again, that was werewolf which has variations to mafia. Last game was my very first mafia game played.

Leave a comment:

• BIET
    replied

tl;dr

Leave a comment:

• Voth
    replied
    I am totally okay with characterizing my Undercut vote as a dumb move. In fairness, I have worked 12 hour shifts on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The phase ended about an hour before I expected it to based on when fis said it would be ending, and when I logged in to see if anyone had followed my lead, phase had changed. If I was able to catch it before phase change, I would have made an on the fly decision of ixt or Rodney to avoid a no-Lynch. Big miscalculation on my part and I probably should have known that we wouldn?t get enough votes on Undercut in time, but I honestly believe he is obvious scum and I wanted to push for his lynching.

To be honest, I do not blame people for calling me out or thinking that was a possible mafia move. Looking back, it looks really bad. Sorry fellas.

Leave a comment:

• RoDNeY
    replied
    Originally posted by Exalt View Post
    It's time for all of you to give lists. A No Lynch was bad enough, but you can make up for it here, because at least 1 of us is going to die tonight. Other townies should know their thoughts, and scum should absolutely be forced to give theirs as well. If you are town, you should have zero problem giving an idea of who you think is scum/town between everyone in the game. If you cannot do so, you need to be lynched without hesitation as soon as your turn comes up, because you are flat out scummy AF. Good mafia players should recognize when people are refusing to give thoughts on literally everyone and everything, because only scum trying to fake scumhunt would have issues doing so. Only scum would be afraid of whose toes they step on by calling them scum or be unable to make up fake reasons for why someone is scummy. While good scum players will have no issues with it, my guess is that not everyone on the scum team is good at it. It's time they are exposed.

People like ixt and Rodney being the only focus (regardless of whether they are town or scum) has become a huge distraction that led to a No Lynch, the worst case scenario possible based on statistics. It's a win-win for scum, and specific people like Undercut, Voth, Biet, and the_paul are the reason it happened. If they are town, they can make up for it by giving lists of at least a few scum players, not just naming Rodney or ixt as scum. That distraction needs to end ASAP, because it will just waste Day 2 doing the same thing as Day 1 otherwise. I'm not gonna let that happen.

Undercut decided to tie the game last second, the_paul refused to contribute to at all, and BIET is obvious lurking scum. Voth's throwaway vote on Undercut was also stupid based on the timing (especially when Undercut had zero chance of gaining a wagon in time if he is scum). The only way it wasn't stupid is if Voth is scum, so keep that in mind. You force a No Lynch, then you should be forced to make up for your scummy actions through pro-town ones. If you refuse, you need to be lynched. It's really that simple.
    I told everyone that the wagon on me was sus, it distracted the entire phase and was likely manipulated by scum to be that way. Once they saw me and ixt in the firing line for days they just sat back and let us fight amongst ourselves.

Leave a comment:

• ixt
    replied
    *did not post much

Leave a comment:

• ixt
    replied
    But an addition I can make to my list is biet categorized with missa and zeebu, those who post much to hint their alignment

Leave a comment:

• ixt
    replied
    I made my list before u even mentioned it

Leave a comment:

• Exalt
    replied
    The scummiest players to me at the moment, excluding ixt and Rodney are Undercut, Biet, and the_paul, with Voth as a possible scum player.

Voth - He's scum if the vote on Undercut was done on purpose to either force a NL or to avoid suspicion being on a townie lynch, regardless of what Undercut flips. I'd probably have done the same thing Voth did if I was scum, especially if Undercut was my scum buddy. The timing was terrible if he is town, since if he really thinks Undercut is scum, there was 0% chance of anyone voting him in time to lynch, and his teammates wouldn't allow it either. If Voth is teammates with Undercut, and Undercut is either investigated or lynched, Voth looks more 'town' by his throwaway last second Undercut vote, even though he knew there was 0% chance Undercut was ever going to be lynched there. Also, if Voth knew both Rodney and ixt are town (because scum know alignments), then jumping off last second would have possibly avoided suspicion Day 2 if the lynch went through on either of them. .

Undercut - He literally refused to vote the entire game phase until the very last second, and only to tie the votes between Rodney and ixt. He did the exact opposite of commit to a lynch, and he went for the easy, low-hanging fruit. He never once tried to actually scum hunt anyone, never cared to find out anyone else's alignments, never tried to push anyone himself, never gave original thoughts (he repeated everything said by others), and the reason I suspected people like Rodney and Missa at the start was because Undercut had a small wagon, and both decided to help Undercut lose it by pushing WillBy instead.

BIET - Lurker who did nothing the entire game phase, even when he logged in. He managed to post a throwaway vote and then disappear. I think hosts need to make rules where players have to post more than one single time each day phase, or they are auto-kicked or replaced. I wish we had policy lynched him tbh, but there was no time for it. As it stands, he's basically auto-scum until he does something to contribute. If he doesn't do something significant Day 2, he's likely scum.

the_paul - Wanted a No Lynch for some reason, although he at least warned us of it. We all knew he would do it, meaning people like Voth and Undercut helping that cause are even more suspect. the_paul isn't high on my list, but he's there as a suspect for now.

I have other suspicions, but that's where I'm at with this thing right now. People who contributed to the NL while claiming they didn't mean to are suspect to me. Undercut would probably be my first choice tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Exalt
    replied
    If you want to wait until tomorrow to do it so scum can't use the lists, be my guest, but I hope town force results to happen.

Leave a comment:

• Exalt
    replied
    It's time for all of you to give lists. A No Lynch was bad enough, but you can make up for it here, because at least 1 of us is going to die tonight. Other townies should know their thoughts, and scum should absolutely be forced to give theirs as well. If you are town, you should have zero problem giving an idea of who you think is scum/town between everyone in the game. If you cannot do so, you need to be lynched without hesitation as soon as your turn comes up, because you are flat out scummy AF. Good mafia players should recognize when people are refusing to give thoughts on literally everyone and everything, because only scum trying to fake scumhunt would have issues doing so. Only scum would be afraid of whose toes they step on by calling them scum or be unable to make up fake reasons for why someone is scummy. While good scum players will have no issues with it, my guess is that not everyone on the scum team is good at it. It's time they are exposed.

People like ixt and Rodney being the only focus (regardless of whether they are town or scum) has become a huge distraction that led to a No Lynch, the worst case scenario possible based on statistics. It's a win-win for scum, and specific people like Undercut, Voth, Biet, and the_paul are the reason it happened. If they are town, they can make up for it by giving lists of at least a few scum players, not just naming Rodney or ixt as scum. That distraction needs to end ASAP, because it will just waste Day 2 doing the same thing as Day 1 otherwise. I'm not gonna let that happen.

Undercut decided to tie the game last second, the_paul refused to contribute to at all, and BIET is obvious lurking scum. Voth's throwaway vote on Undercut was also stupid based on the timing (especially when Undercut had zero chance of gaining a wagon in time if he is scum). The only way it wasn't stupid is if Voth is scum, so keep that in mind. You force a No Lynch, then you should be forced to make up for your scummy actions through pro-town ones. If you refuse, you need to be lynched. It's really that simple.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X