X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exalt
    replied
    Originally posted by the_paul View Post
    My appointment took a lunch break, so I have a quick second to get this out. I can't respond to everyone, because I don't have a ton of time, hopefully after work.

I'm torn on Willby's role claim, and I don't know how you can say I was fishing for role claims Exalt, but I'll go over what happened last night.

My role is town cop. I tried to investigate Undercut last night, and my investigation was unsuccessful. Not guilty or innocent, unsuccessful. Obviously I don't know if this was a town role or a mafia role that blocked me, that's why I said there is a 50:50 chance that my claim could be corroborated. I do not want it to be, but there is somebody out there who knows this is true. Willby's theory about a bus driver could hold some water, but I don't imagine that the odds I was affected by a bus driver and a roleblocker on the same night are very high.

As a last point before I vote, I have been under suspicion since day 1, and especially since the early time of night phase 1. Not 1 person has spoken up for me or trusted me in any way, shape, or form. Which makes sense, because nobody has any reason to trust me. There have been 2 defenses that have occurred in this game, as I have laid out before. Remember the list, and hopefully remember the order.

I am officially useless. I didn't get any result night 1 to go off of, and now I have a target on my back, so lets find out if Willby can be trusted or not.

Unvote IXT
    Vote the_paul
    Let me point out exactly what the_paul just tried doing here, knowing that he's caught scum. He is fake claiming cop in hopes of the real cop counter-claims, thus two important town PRs are outted for one already-screwed mafia player. It's exactly what I said what I'd do earlier in the game if I was caught scum, so it's a strategy that's right up my alley. Paul, I have to admit, you speak to my scummy heart when you try to pull off moves like this, but it won't work this time. I can't fault you for trying it, but you made a few notable mistakes:

1. You waited way too long to fake claim, so it was way too obvious that you've been talking strategy with your scum team trying to figure out what to do. You should've taken initiative immediately after the WillBy claim and disputed his result tooth and nail. Taking the amount of time you did to post a response is alone enough to incriminate you, not even factoring all the other anti-town things you've done this game.

2. You tried to role fish immediately before the WillBy claim, asking if the result was a Mafia kill or a Vigi kill. Town would naturally assume scum kill there, so I'm not sure why you asked about it, but if anyone actually answered your question, they would either have essentially just roleclaimed Vigilante, because scum aren't going to tell you they killed someone. You asking that question was 100% of a scum mindset.

3. Claiming you were roleblocked is fine in a vacuum, but any other town PR that was possibly roleblocked would easily know you are lying and thus will never leave your wagon. In that case, you mine as well have claimed a guilty result on someone to spice things up, because you'd be getting at least one townie on your wagon permanently no matter what you said.

4. You basically dug your own grave with the Day 1 No Lynch, and you may have dug the graves of your teammates doing that as well based on who you protected by doing so, whose wagon you avoided being on to avoid suspicion Day 1 (since you knew they'd flip town), and who joined with you in forcing that NL. We'll see what happens I suppose, but that NL might have bit you all in the ass.

Leave a comment:

• fiS
    replied
    Current Vote Count:

the_paul - 9 (Exalt, field, WillBy, Zeebu, Voth, Biet, ixt, Rodney, the_paul)
    Voth - 1 (Undercut)

Missing Votes from: Missa, midoent
    Warning: Missa, I need you to post more please.

INFO:
    Phase change in pretty much precisely ~24 hours from now.
    Even though there's a very obvious trend right now I will keep my word on it and allow further thoughts. Maybe some of the more quiet players among us will use it to speak up.

Leave a comment:

• WillBy
    replied
    Originally posted by RoDNeY View Post

lame that was supposed to be : popcorn : what happend to the emojis on this forum
    A fuckin tragedy, dude.

Leave a comment:

• RoDNeY
    replied
    My appointment took a lunch break, so I have a quick second to get this out. I can't respond to everyone, because I don't have a ton of time, hopefully after work.

I'm torn on Willby's role claim, and I don't know how you can say I was fishing for role claims Exalt, but I'll go over what happened last night.

My role is town cop. I tried to investigate Undercut last night, and my investigation was unsuccessful. Not guilty or innocent, unsuccessful. Obviously I don't know if this was a town role or a mafia role that blocked me, that's why I said there is a 50:50 chance that my claim could be corroborated. I do not want it to be, but there is somebody out there who knows this is true. Willby's theory about a bus driver could hold some water, but I don't imagine that the odds I was affected by a bus driver and a roleblocker on the same night are very high.

As a last point before I vote, I have been under suspicion since day 1, and especially since the early time of night phase 1. Not 1 person has spoken up for me or trusted me in any way, shape, or form. Which makes sense, because nobody has any reason to trust me. There have been 2 defenses that have occurred in this game, as I have laid out before. Remember the list, and hopefully remember the order.

I am officially useless. I didn't get any result night 1 to go off of, and now I have a target on my back, so lets find out if Willby can be trusted or not.

Unvote IXT
    Vote the_paul
    Claiming you had an "unsuccessful" night action is the easiest scum cop out imaginable since you don't have to actually try to come up with anything. My vote stands

Why did you pick undercut to use your supposed action on? Or is that just what you want us to believe? Trying to distance yourself from scum buddy and take any heat off him for when you inevitably flip scum??

Leave a comment:

• RoDNeY
    replied
    Originally posted by RoDNeY View Post
    this just got juicy boys
    opcorn:
    lame that was supposed to be : popcorn : what happend to the emojis on this forum

Leave a comment:

• RoDNeY
    replied
    this just got juicy boys
    opcorn:

Leave a comment:

• field
    replied
    Originally posted by Voth View Post

I like how you distanced yourself from Rodney there, immediately after dogpiling me with him. Kind of scummy.
    Saying I "distanced" myself from rodney implies that you previously thought we were close. What gave you that impression?
    I've voted for him and wanted to lynch him on d1. I would've attempted to lynch him today, too, if WillBy didn't come forward with some information. That is what "my suspicions carry over to d2" means.

Leave a comment:

• field
    replied
    Originally posted by Voth View Post
    You guys are either making it super easy for me to determine your alignment (and your mafia buddies), or you are really reading into things too much.

Anytime someone roleclaims a town power role on day 2 (or day 1, hi ixt), you need to think of all the possibilities. The fact that I voiced what I was thinking in my head about this roleclaim and the possible implications makes me scum? You guys are focusing, out of everything that has come out, on the fact that I mentioned the other side of this if Willby's claim doesn't work out? Really? That's funny, because no one in this game knows anything right now, except the mafia who know who their scum buddies are. I was the second person to vote for the_paul, right after Willby, yet I'm being questioned for my hesitation for pointing out the obvious other side of things? Funny.

Rodney and field, you both just linked yourselves together as possible scum in my mind. But I will indulge you, because there is no reason not to:

Rodney, I would have likely voted for you if I had the chance to change my vote on Day 1. I do not think ixt is mafia, and I didn't have any real thought on you at that point, but your newest posts have certainly put you on my radar.
    The problem is not thinking about all possibilities. Yes, everyone should be doing that all the time.
    However, you also need to be mindful of the game progress.

In day 1, you essentially prevented us from lynching either rodney or a claimed bulletproof townie by wasting your vote. However, the fact that you untied the votes and put rodney on lynch block works in your favor. I am willing to give you benefit of the doubt in that regard.

In day 2, no you weren't the second one to vote for the_paul. However, what was your goal in questioning WillBy's roleclaim? I am just trying to understand your thought process -- what did you hope to achieve at the end of your line of questioning?

And lastly, what part of rodney's newest posts stood out to you that they put him on your radar?

Leave a comment:

• field
    replied

Unvote IXT
    Vote the_paul
    With the way you have been playing, I HIGHLY doubt you are a town cop.
    Your claim is a great way to bait town PRs into revealing themselves, especially when you know there's little chance you can defend yourself against a guilty result on you.

For now, I'm keeping my vote on you until I hear what others think. (We have around 24 hours left in the phase, per fiS flip timeline).

Leave a comment:

• WillBy
    replied

Not sure how confirming you were roleblocked is supposed to confirm your role. You could be a mafia cop who was roleblocked instead.
    Or you're scum trying to bait out townie cop or roleblocker

Leave a comment:

• the_paul
    replied
    Don't have time to spell check or anything, be back in a few hours

Leave a comment:

• the_paul
    replied

Unvote IXT
    Vote the_paul

Leave a comment:

• Zeebu
    replied
    not sure what you mean by 'its a coin flip for mafia and i'

also, the part about lying should be somewhat addressed if paul flips scum. unless this is the hardest bussing ive ever seen, paul was certainly on the radar at the beginning of the day, but your claim put him directly under the wheels.

Leave a comment:

• WillBy
    replied
    Since I've already posted the real juice for the day, I'll just post some small berries based on what everyone is saying.

You all are playing a followers game. I notice this happens a lot when there's either some extra vocal players or early results like I've had, but the amount of trust being extended to players like Exalt and myself is worrisome for 3 reasons. Before I talk about that, I'll preface this with everything I've posted about tp is true.

The first problem with a follower game is that I could be lying. While paul hasn't yet posted his counter, a lot of people seemed to bite with the belief that if I'm wrong about paul, then you seek justice for him by lynching me. However, I could come up with plenty of excuses for why this investigation was wrong (busdriver) and maybe buy myself another day. It's dangerous because if I was lying, scum would get a free +2 margin. Assuming a 13 player 9-4 game, 3 free mafia kills makes it 6-4 and the game is 1 mislynch away (6-3 after lynch, 5-3 a night later). Ixt questioned it in the scummiest way possible, but at least he made me explain.

The second problem with a follower game is that I could die. Without soliderz protection, it's a coin flip for mafia and I, if they decide to kill me tonight. If I die, I took one mafia with me, which is great, but were back to square 1 without an idea of which way is forward.

The final and biggest problem (for me) is that it lets other people fly under the radar by agreeing with me. So I'll just say it: agreeing with me does not make you town, and disagreeing does not make you mafia.

now my lunch break is over, so I'm not going much further with these thoughts atm. Just think, sheeple

Leave a comment:

• Zeebu
    replied
    this new forum blows. we used to be able to see the activity per person in a thread by number of posts.

anyway, missa and mido need to speak up.

also, going through a persons iso is a pain too, especially if theyve posted often. (side note: i had no idea that you moved to euroland exalt, that is neat.)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X